What are we watching lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched "Another Life" on Netflix. God, that is the worst piece of garbage that i have watched in a long time... Just waiting for Mindhunters Season 2 to come out.

I watched the first season of Mad Men around 10 years ago. Couldn't really get into it. Didn't watch any more after that.

I'm giving it another go now. Finished season 1 yesterday. I'm generally enjoying it, though I must say that every single scene with Don's wife Betty is tedious beyond belief. An incredibly uninteresting character played by what seems to be a wet cardboard box in human form.

Starting season 2 soon. Hope it gets a little better. So far it's nowhere near the quality of Sopranos.

Mad Men is a serious piece of work, i loved it, but i really had to convince myself to finish it. And you are spot on with betty.

Finally got around to Breaking Bad. One season left.
I expected it to be much better, considering all the hype at the time. Can't hold a candle to The Wire.
That’s exactly how I felt. I figured all the breaking bad fans must’ve never watched the wire. Similar issues addressed but a much more thoughtful show overall.

That’s exactly how I felt. I figured all the breaking bad fans must’ve never watched the wire. Similar issues addressed but a much more thoughtful show overall.
Yup, agreed. I thought BB was shallow, superficial characterization, static.
Just in case you haven't seen it, "Homicide: Life on the Streets" is worth a watch (first 5 seasons, anyway). Same guy that made The Wire (Michael Simon) made this one. It pre-dates The Wire and was basically his test balloon. Under-rated show IMO.

Yeah, he also made a series called “the corner”.
It’s where he developed ideas for corner boys narratives.

Treme is my fave work he’s done. Kinda have to hold your nose during parts of the first season but it’s so worth it.

Just finished "the Boys" on Amazon. Loved it. That season ending cliffhanger though...yeesh...gotta wait so long.

Yeah, he also made a series called “the corner”.
It’s where he developed ideas for corner boys narratives.

Treme is my fave work he’s done. Kinda have to hold your nose during parts of the first season but it’s so worth it.
I forgot all about The Corner... haven't seen it yet but will put it on the list.
Simon has a real knack for telling stories in/about cities--and without getting nostalgic.

I've been binge-watching Boardwalk Empire, that Atlantic City 1920's crime thing from HBO, now on Netflix. Missed it when it came out a few years back. It's great if you're a Steve Buscemi fan like I am. It's lagging a little in the 3rd season and I haven't seen it all yet so don't know how it holds up to the finish, but the first two seasons are great.

I’m watching this trailer, hoping for something like Lexx.

On the lighter side just watched Life Stinks again - Mel Brooks movie second time watched it this time on TV MGMHD. 1991 enjoyed it as much as when I saw it the first time. Mel Brooks, Lesley Ann Warren an absolute comedy gem.

if you want to see something good. watch quarry from 2016. its only one season but it very good. at least top 5 from the last few years imo.
mr robot is also good.

not watching anything, for one as I am not particularly into series ( too much of a commitment) and my ISP is unable to get us any signal...except mobile phone, the data on my phone I need dearly for work.

Yesterday I saw the best film I've seen all year. Burning (2018). Really great slow paced atmospheric mystery film. Best watched without knowing anything at all about the film prior.

I was looking for such a thread! Yesterday I finished the series (8 episodes) zerozerozero (amazon prime) and I actually liked it. Very detailed and what seems to be accurate scenes shot in Mexico, Italy and the Middle East.

Before that I watched all seasons of Yellowstone, with Kevin Costner... Also pretty good to be honest.

American Woman - About Patti Hearst and Wendy Yoshimura.

Fictional story of these two real life characters who were captured together. Movie has scenes of events that really happened. During time period of hiding from Federal Man Hunt.

New Hearst movie actually pretty good centers around relationship of these two Women.

i like good scifi shows, but unfortunately most of them sucks. Lately I really liked the Expanse and also Away, but did not fnish tha one yet. Looking forward to the Boys season 2 I know its already out, but did not have any time to watch it yet.

With streaming, netflix's , many channels people are watching more than ever. Movies are skipping the theater because of covid. Think movie theaters are endangered. More people working at home.

Just watched Live by Night 2016 Ben Affleck. I like period movies if well done.
From a book the Movie was a good story excellent sets, great cars, good acting.
Takes place 1920's early 30's in Boston & Tampa Bay Florida. If you haven't seen it check it out.

Mandalorian season 2 - easily some of the best tv I’ve seen this year.
Now watching some older seasons of Bosch. Kind of a sleeper, as it only starts to really entertain from season 2-3 on. Also really liked the Italian series My brilliant friend.

A week ago I watched a classic Japanese movie, Harakiri. Very nice, and after reading about it I am finding out the seemingly simple story has multiple layers including a critique of Japanese society. Some nice swords too :)

Ever a fan of the 80s. Saw John Badham’s 1987 Stakeout again, hasn’t aged one bit. Still very entertaining. Some other 80s movies were less convincing though still okay, e.g. Silverado.

Saw stakeout saw years ago lots of good movies in 80's aside from major classics a few I liked including a couple B grade films.
Full Metal Jacket
The Right Stuff
Original Karate Kid
Conan
Lost Boys favorite Vampire Movie
They Live sunglasses let you see the Aliens

If you like Japanese movies highly recommend director Yoji Yamada Samurai trilogy.
Twilight Samurai
The Hidden Blade
Love and Honor

Latest posts

Back