What are we watching lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, when the FBI released their "profile" of a middle aged white loner..Dave Chappelle called BS, saying it had to be a black dude because it seemed he took weekends off from sniping innocent civilians...turns out he was right. I'll try and find the video clip
It's so rare for black people to do random killings that there wasn't enough data to build that type of profile.

The dirty secret is that most violent crimes are due to known associates which is why governments are so tough on terrorism.

Drive is still masculine AF, if that’s what we’re even talking about.
Isn't that the show that was cancelled a decade ago after one season?

Poor Nathan Fillion, he seems to attract some of the best written shows to star in that don't last a season. The viewers that would have watched that show are on Netflix and Hulu. The only people left on network television mainly watches sports and reality tv.

Haha! I really liked firefly! But the other drive is fantastic!

Isn't that the show that was cancelled a decade ago after one season?

Poor Nathan Fillion, he seems to attract some of the best written shows to star in that don't last a season. The viewers that would have watched that show are on Netflix and Hulu. The only people left on network television mainly watches sports and reality tv.

It's also a film where Albert Brooks does some great acting.
Are you kidding? Not only did he have the biggest Oedipus complex, but he was pretty much impotent with any other female that was not blood related.

Not to forget both him and his brother were sociopaths. There wasn't anything manly about their characters. Mostly childish immature drug kingpins with a white authority complex in a foreign country. Another tactic to demonize male behaviour.

The main character I approve of was the police chief that let people exact revenge when they were wronged, and shamed people for not doing their job as a human being.

There is the term "bad fan" these days, for people that ... you know... LIKE shows like "breaking bad" as a plain, fictional celebration of evil and crime ... wasn't there a time when we said "well, let's not show that stuff to children, and otherwise enjoy"?

There is the term "bad fan" these days, for people that ... you know... LIKE shows like "breaking bad" as a plain, fictional celebration of evil and crime ... wasn't there a time when we said "well, let's not show that stuff to children, and otherwise enjoy"?

It's nothing new. It's the concept of an "antihero" and it goes way back, all the way to ancient Greek drama at least. Plenty of modern examples -- James Cagney in "Public Enemy," or the film "Double Indemnity" from 1944 as an example of breaking bad. Or the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, or the Godfather films. Nothing wrong with enjoying a good story.

I'm not sure the term "bad fan" means anything, unless you're warped enough to consider these classic themes as a role model, and then act it out in real life.

Just watched THE HUNT Danish film directed by Thomas Vinterberg. Thanks DamageInc really enjoyed it,

Are you kidding? Not only did he have the biggest Oedipus complex, but he was pretty much impotent with any other female that was not blood related.

Not to forget both him and his brother were sociopaths. There wasn't anything manly about their characters. Mostly childish immature drug kingpins with a white authority complex in a foreign country. Another tactic to demonize male behaviour.

The main character I approve of was the police chief that let people exact revenge when they were wronged, and shamed people for not doing their job as a human being.

I think you are being dumb right now. I can't tell if it is deliberate though.

The comment was referring to the 2011 film Drive, where Albert Brooks plays the main antagonist. You seem to be talking about a different film called Only God Forgives, mixing up Ryan Gosling and Albert Brooks. Albert isn't even in Only God Forgives.

I was also referring to acting, and then you go on about character. Not the same thing.

Just watched THE HUNT Danish film directed by Thomas Vinterberg. Thanks DamageInc really enjoyed it,

Cheers, I'm glad you checked it out.

I see. Google search steered me in the wrong direction hahaha. Chalk it up to being distracted when typing my response.

I remember Drive now. I remember much of that movie being overhyped and Ryan phoning it in regarding his character. Plus it didn't do too well in the box office because it wasn't the usual femanized hero. Although there were moments where Ryan's character looked like he was on the verge of tears haha

drive was one of those rare artsy films that was still highly entertaining, i liked it.

re: nate fillion, he starred in castle which lasted several seasons. where i discovered stana katic she is soooo freaking hot. and yeah firefly was cool

I see. Google search steered me in the wrong direction hahaha. Chalk it up to being distracted when typing my response.

I remember Drive now. I remember much of that movie being overhyped and Ryan phoning it in regarding his character. Plus it didn't do too well in the box office because it wasn't the usual femanized hero. Although there were moments where Ryan's character looked like he was on the verge of tears haha

It had a production budget of 15 million dollars and it grossed 78. That's pretty good for an arthouse crime film.

drive was one of those rare artsy films that was still highly entertaining, i liked it.

re: nate fillion, he starred in castle which lasted several seasons. where i discovered stana katic she is soooo freaking hot. and yeah firefly was cool

Loved Firefly, was actually upset when it was cancelled. Had not been that upset about a cancellation since My So Called Life.

Also used to love Homicide - Life on the Streets

It had a production budget of 15 million dollars and it grossed 78. That's pretty good for an arthouse crime film.
I refuse to believe that 78 million was all domestic. I also refuse to check for myself because I'm too lazy.

Never heard of the series Castle but now I have to watch it.

I refuse to believe that 78 million was all domestic. I also refuse to check for myself because I'm too lazy.

It made 35 million domestic, which still isn't too bad given the budget.

What does that have to do with anything?

Completely booked with the Netflix series "Money Heist" ( 2 seasons ). Fantastically well written, acted and directed and unexpected turns in every episode that keep your interest. Some of the characters are phenomenal.

It made 35 million domestic, which still isn't too bad given the budget.

What does that have to do with anything?
Well, I could maybe, potentially, theoretically, possibly consider the movie to be slightly profitable.

The point is that the movie should not have been successful cause I said so lol.

Besides, once I confused the film Drive with another Ryan film, I lost or forgot whatever point I was trying to make. I'm just poking the bear carcass at this point.

The King and I is also another that's a spectacular.

I've been meaning to watch Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn for the past few months but haven't gotten around to it. It's been remastered on Apple iMovies.

I saw Funny Face a few years ago. Didn't like it at all.

Then again, I can't stand musicals or anything that involves dance.

Back