what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damage, if you like Turkey 101, see out Wild Breed turkey. Fir a bit more $ it offers real barrel flavor. One of my favorite mid priced bourbons.

he means rare breed, it is strong as hell but has twice the flavor of 101. once you get used to barrel strength stuff, it's hard to go back to anything that is 'normal' strength, haha.

wild turkey used to be really popular, millenials these days have no idea. they all go for the overly sweet junk to mix in their cocktails.

I've had Wild Turkey Rare Breed before and while it was better, it is nearly twice the price of 101 here. Clocks in at 50-60 euros per bottle.

I don't mind paying a high price for good whiskey (several bottles of Pappy in my cabinet can attest to that fact), but I think that's too steep for a bottle of Wild Turkey. At that price level, I'd rather move across the pond get a Lagavulin 16 or Dalwhinnie 15.

Wow, just picked up a bottle for $39 on sale. It's not even close to Pappys. Hold on to those super hard to get even here in Carolina

I'm going to auction them off soon to pay for some more of that delicious Danish furniture. Got 5 bottles of the 20 year old and one 15 year old. Everything is going but a single of the 20.

For drinking I have six bottles of Elmer T Lee (favorite bourbon outside Pappy) stashed. That used to be 60 dollars a bottle and now it is over twice that if you can find it. Bought back when it was low and now I'm just keeping it for drinking stock.

Good tip about the Elmer T Lee. Looks to be around $113 a bottle for the Single Barrel. I can get booze shipped to NC too. I'll put it on the list.

I'll have to pay more attention to other Buffalo Trace releases

Buffalo Trace releases are generally of very good quality. Their Antique collection releases are fantastic, but are snatched up very very quickly. It's getting harder and harder to get really good drinking bourbon here in the EU. Pretty much the only really good barrel-proof bottle that is regularly available is Blanton's Gold. Scotch prices are also going up, so I'm stockpiling my favorite bottles like some doomsday prepper.

Buffalo Trace releases are generally of very good quality. Their Antique collection releases are fantastic, but are snatched up very very quickly. It's getting harder and harder to get really good drinking bourbon here in the EU. Pretty much the only really good barrel-proof bottle that is regularly available is Blanton's Gold. Scotch prices are also going up, so I'm stockpiling my favorite bottles like some doomsday prepper.

If your stock piling for the future, the Aultmore 12 & Kilkerran 12 are both pretty decent drams. The Aultmore is around 55.00 USD & Kilkerran is @ 65.00 USD
here North of the Golden Gate

I

Something new came to our ABC from a distillery named Copper Fox. Like a rye, sherry, smoky bourbon. Interesting ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1478731271.183305.jpg

I'm on my way...a little of a lot...may even try some of that bleach.

Larceny... the biggest surprise in Bourbon since I tasted Pappy for the first time. No doubt old Fitzgerald kept his knives sharp too.

That is the barrel proof edition. Hard to find

Awesome. I,ve had the small batch, and currently have the single barrel, both awesome. The single barrel has such a nice terra flavor, 100% Limestone for sure. I like to drink it when I m sharppening on natural stones, great smell paring :groucho:

I'm envious of the Cantillon and Drei Fonteinen bottles.

Back