what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water tonight but tomorrow I will have a go with what remains of my Santiago 12 sniff. Oh well, the 11 years is on it's way and it's even better. Im guilty of loving mellow cuban chums, it's what I grew up with.
IMG_2108.jpg

:lmao:

"Loving mellow cuban chums"

Best thing I've heard in a long time. That's a big LOL with Coke on the computer funny stuff.
Seriously, you just made my night! Thanks!!

:lmao:

"Loving mellow cuban chums"

Best thing I've heard in a long time. That's a big LOL with Coke on the computer funny stuff.
Seriously, you just made my night! Thanks!!

:bashhead: even I had a big laugh when I read it but alas, it was too late to change it. I'm sure others will enjoy it as well.:D

A Dutch beer from the most southern part of the country: Château Neubourg by Gulpener. Gulpen is a little place at some 20km from Aachen -- or Aix-la-Chapelle. Where three languages and cultures -- Dutch, German and French meet.

Just finished some lot 40. Was decent but unremarkable for the $39. Bought my first bottle of High West Prairie that's getting popped soon. Cool bottle.

just finished a glass of lot 40; it's pretty good, yeah not remarkable but quite solid and worth its asking price. it drinks more like a smooth full bodied bourbon than a rye though. i bet if it were barrel strength it would be DAMN good.

michters barrel strength rye is really growing on me, i especially enjoy the finish. i would rank it neck to neck with regular whistle pig. but w.p. single barrel is still tops in my bar.

michters barrel strength rye is really growing on me, i especially enjoy the finish. i would rank it neck to neck with regular whistle pig. but w.p. single barrel is still tops in my bar.

are you referring to the limited release? If so it is one of my favorites. I have a steady stream of the willet 3 year rye and I think its my favorite rye.

liven - i can't find willett anywhere!? :( according to total wine & more catalog it is a very limited release.

tonight: brooklyn sorachi ace saison and a moscow mule made with royal jamaican ginger beer, wyborowa wodka, key lime

Grey Goose French Vodka. Very smooth. Not at all hot.

Not being a high dollar spirit drinker normally, I chanced on a bottle of Evan Williams given the reviews but am sorely disappointed. Bulleit is cheaper and actually tastes better in some respects to me. Buffalo Trace is still my favorite in this price bracket. Any similar suggestions in next price bracket?

Looking to pick up some Sherry and Jenever to try. I'm a fan of unfashionable spirits.

Had a bottle of Harvey's Amontillado Sherry with the wife this evening (aside from a good glug that was used for cooking) - which was nice bot unspectacular.

Tried some Nikka coffey grain whisky tonight. Not much of a connoisseur and I tend to gravitate more toward bourbon than scotch, whereas Japnese whiskies tend to resemble the latter category in terms of being more smokey/peaty. But this one seemed much more "American," wouldn't have been entirely out of place in a line-up from Kentucky.

dyklu8.jpg

picked up pendleton 1910 rye (100% canadian rye, aged 12years, sounded interesting)
and oh man this stuff is great!! quite affordable too, what a hidden gem. it tastes 'fun' yet very smooth, not rough like you would expect a rye. this blows lot 40 rye out of the water in its price range. i will go so far as to say this is the easiest to drink whiskey i've ever tried. will most likely be my daily sipper.

also got cigar city invasion pale ale along with a glass shaped like a bottle with the top cut off.
WP_20170220_20_23_56_Pro_zpsihnozbts.jpg~original

Panda you don't know how lucky you are to gave access to Cigar City. The Midwest has many great craft breweries, but that one is my favorite. Unfortunately they only sell in a few states and IL is not one. I fly back some every time we go to Marco Island

Back