what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like dark beer but I don't drink it in the summer time. When it is a 100 degrees or more dark tastes too sweet to me. I need a lighter like a lager beer or an IPA in the summer. Once it cools off, I don't like lighter beers I try to only drink darker beers or fuller bodies beers.

Been a while since had a dark beer. Tamura's is
best beer selection in Honolulu.

IMG_20211127_175421594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211127_180723661_HDR.jpg

Try smash a piece of fresh ginger put in with corn beef & cabbage. Most people don't put ginger in Kalua pork & cabbage. I tried it now always put piece of ginger when put on cover & slow cook the pork & cabbage. Gives that nice ginger flavor.

I don't believe that I've tried the Dom Perignon, but my favourite stand-alone Champagne so far, is Rene Lalou. It strikes a perfect balance between dry and sweet. Havn't tried a champagne cocktail, so I've got to give that one a go. I generally find Veuve Cliquot too dry for my taste, but in this particular recipe (French 75), I think it should be great.

Last edited:
French 75s w/ gin are cool and all, but A Calvados 75 is what the cool kids drink 😎

Yep, Calvados can grow on you. Bone dry, and a great alternative to Cognac after a heavy meal. I always stock a few bottles of Boulard, and I have a bottle of LeCompte which I've yet to open. I may have a Pere Magloire as well.

Good Lord Corradobrit,,,, you treat yourself well,,,, don't you. :) Some fresh fruit such as sweet grapes or Golden Delicious apple slices,,, a nice cheese-board,,, and some good crackers,, and you're Heaven-bound. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Alberta Premium 100% Canadian Rye Whiskey. Tried this a few days ago and thought "wow", especially considering the low price. Tonight, it tastes quite different,,,, very creamy/oily mouth feel, and pleasant smoothness going down, with a decent finish, though the developement of the finish is not complex. Very nice overall. There's also a new version which is cask strength, but I've not yet seen one in-the-flesh here in Quebec. Jim Murray (The Whisky Bible author), ranks these Alberta Premium products as some of the best in the world. Alberta Premium also bottles Dark Horse whiskey, which is another genuine bargain,,, and full of character.

1640500649127.png

Back