what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Càrn Mòr 2013, Oloroso Sherry Butt
A6E06BF5-D5EE-4F13-A50B-728BAFAE0704.jpeg

Had the Kirkland Napa Valley blend this weekend. Pretty good. Would drink again for sure.

Another Manhattan:

44525517sv.jpeg
Is that a blue tooth speaker? How do you like it? It was on my list, but I never found one to listen to. I ended up buying 2 JBL Partybox 100 speakers and I run them in stereo with my large screen. I use an AppleTV. They sound so much better than TV speakers and use very little power compared to my old receiver setup and subwoofers. I ran out of power and needed a second circuit for power for my old setup.

Is that a blue tooth speaker? How do you like it? It was on my list, but I never found one to listen to. I ended up buying 2 JBL Partybox 100 speakers and I run them in stereo with my large screen. I use an AppleTV. They sound so much better than TV speakers and use very little power compared to my old receiver setup and subwoofers. I ran out of power and needed a second circuit for power for my old setup.
Yes, it’s the generation 1 Acton from Marshall. It is really good and back then it was cheap at ~150€. Bought an Emberton II recently which is much smaller and costs the same, and that little sucker is also fantastic. The Emberton II suprised me, didn’t expect that kind of sound from a small device like this…

Yes, it’s the generation 1 Acton from Marshall. It is really good and back then it was cheap at ~150€. Bought an Emberton II recently which is much smaller and costs the same, and that little sucker is also fantastic. The Emberton II suprised me, didn’t expect that kind of sound from a small device like this…
I wish I could of found a Marshall to listen to. The JBL Partybox 100 first gen have an overall nice big sound for large rooms. They make a lot of bass for a big room but not real low bass. They have a nice midrange which I think is their sellling point which works well for video. Their top end does not run you off. I drive them using an AppleTV blue tooth so no wires. They ran $300 apiece.

I wish I could of found a Marshall to listen to. The JBL Partybox 100 first gen have an overall nice big sound for large rooms. They make a lot of bass for a big room but not real low bass. They have a nice midrange which I think is their sellling point which works well for video. Their top end does not run you off. I drive them using an AppleTV blue tooth so no wires. They ran $300 apiece.
I bought the Acton mainly because of its design. I am a big fan of legend guitarist Slash, that’s why I was pro-Marshall biased. Only thing I couldn’t buy was their over-ear headphones which sounded way too damp for me… I think I tested 12 different headphones and finally went for a BeyerDynamic… Still the best sound for my ears!

I will try get our cats to eat green coffee, and will try it after roasting a batch...hold on...a predator eating ripe coffee cherries just seems weird.

Fitting a batch of cats in a Huky 500 may be challenging, even with kittens.

I am going to try convince our cats to eat enough green coffee so I can roast a batch of cat turds ;-)

For now I'm more partial to 48h fermented beans, flavor profiles ranging in the realm of 'serious funkiness'.... blueberries, wet socks, cheese, Kimchi, mushrooms...

Last edited:
Black Russian

Attachments

• 4E661BAF-61C9-4317-B7FE-1DB591188392.jpeg
    4E661BAF-61C9-4317-B7FE-1DB591188392.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: ian

Latest posts

Back