what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, springbank got inflated a lot in last couple years or so, might be chilled down a bit recently(?). Bottle Barn and Hi-time here in CA sometimes offer a reasonable priced batch, but gotta click fast like a hyped knife drop 🤣
I’ve noticed Springbank and specifically Longrow/Campbeltown Loch/Kilkerran cask strength, 10 & 16 seem a little more available in the UK these days.

Happy to arrange a brown liquid swap if a friend in the states can get hold of some Stagg Jr or Elijah Craig barrel proof…

I've never seen anything like that before.
I’m assuming it’s just a highball - whisky and soda.

(I say ‘just’ - they are very refreshing and a lot more than the sum of their parts, quite often highlighting aspects of the whisky you wouldn’t pick up on neat. It’s one of those where the type of soda you use has a significant effect on the final product.)

IMG_5665.jpeg

Feel like I won this week. Found this in stock for the first time in ages. Maybe should have bought both bottles but don‘t want to hoard. 🙂

(I say ‘just’ - they are very refreshing and a lot more than the sum of their parts, quite often highlighting aspects of the whisky you wouldn’t pick up on neat. It’s one of those where the type of soda you use has a significant effect on the final product.)

Yeah probably right. The "coffey" thing messed me up. :)

Precisely

I’ve noticed Springbank and specifically Longrow/Campbeltown Loch/Kilkerran cask strength, 10 & 16 seem a little more available in the UK these days.

Happy to arrange a brown liquid swap if a friend in the states can get hold of some Stagg Jr or Elijah Craig barrel proof…
You’re on, I’ll start looking. Stagg Jr is a bit harder, but I usually can suss out ECBP.

You’re on, I’ll start looking. Stagg Jr is a bit harder, but I usually can suss out ECBP.
Do you have much access to Ben Nevis around your patch?

Young cask strength IB’s are quite plentiful over here for not too much £££ and are some of my favourites. The spirit has this fantastic petrol/mango/pineapple/tart and sour tropical thing going on, and that gets dialled right up in a highball.

It would be rude of me not to include that in any care package headed your way!

Do you have much access to Ben Nevis around your patch?

Young cask strength IB’s are quite plentiful over here for not too much £££ and are some of my favourites. The spirit has this fantastic petrol/mango/pineapple/tart and sour tropical thing going on, and that gets dialled right up in a highball.

It would be rude of me not to include that in any care package headed your way!
I don’t see it often, but I had a bottle not too long back. Big local chain gets a ton of IB stuff in and I sometimes pick up one of the more esoteric offerings.

Saw this at Costco yesterday. Very curious to try. Any feedbacks?
I really, really like it! It’s a lot like bourbon on the palette - corn, cherry, toffee, citrus peel, baking spice - but with way, way less oak influence. It’s light, refreshing, and easy going. Just very pleasant stuff! That said, I’ve seen it getting up to silly prices recently at which I wouldn’t replace my bottle

Right on, will start looking too. I'm pretty sure I saw Stagg Jr somewhere last week..

View attachment 279925

Feel like I won this week. Found this in stock for the first time in ages. Maybe should have bought both bottles but don‘t want to hoard. 🙂
Note to self...buy a bottle....I used to LOVE the stuff, the green and the yellow were regular guests in my house in my twenties...

Springbank 10 won the Award for Best Whisky 2023 in the Online Scotch Whisky Awards yesterday. And the distillery ranked #1 too, 3rd year in a row. Well deserved and I picked up a bottle of the latest release from a Dutch retailer.

Last edited:
Nice find at Costco!

Attachments

• camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Back