what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday evening was good.

20231110_181228.jpg

I'll bet it's around if you look for it, but Spain's got a lot of great wine! Personally my favorite kind of Spanish wine is probably Ribeira Sacra, wish it was more available here.
I live in La Mancha. This is the place in Spain where the most quantity of grapes are grown.
Maybe not the most famous, but there are good wines here, and the most of the wine I drink is from here. Moreover, this wine is usually cheaper than Rioja. I hardly ever buy wines more expensive than 5€.
I have drunk ribeiro which is also from Galicia, and more known here than Ribera Sacra.
Last year, I worked in Mondéjar, a town which have their own 'denominación de origen' (I don't know how to translate it into English) and I liked their wines.
Anyway, I am not a reference in wines.

Saw this at Costco. Any feedback? And that cute mug, where can I find a cute one like that?
I really enjoy it! Reminds me of really great blended scotch.

The cup is a Japanese ceramic sake cup actually. Conveniently the ideal size for espresso and neat spirits also.

The Spanish Trappist is a discovery! complexity and nice finely spaced bitters!

Attachments

• IMG-20231117-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20231117-WA0012.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20231117-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20231117-WA0007.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231118_000911.jpg
    20231118_000911.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good for the price (22 USD on sale) but too fruit forward for my taste, like strawberry and raspberry jam, and has a slight whiff of acetone. I prefer earthier flavors in this type of wine.

Maybe will improve with some time to breathe.

20231118_165646.jpg

This one has turned in the most pleasant way. Basically a very oxidized vermouth. No vinegar hit, but all tertiary dried fruit and earthy flavors. Would I drink again? No. Was it a good outcome for something my family had forgotten during a move decades ago? Yes.
IMG_8227.jpeg

Last edited:
Back