What do you eat today !

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potatoes, shrimp, egg, onion garlic red pepper bacon and truffle oil :)

blogger-image-655654349.jpg

blogger-image-535412081.jpg

blogger-image--1578834910.jpg

blogger-image-1693605427.jpg

blogger-image--1600574668.jpg

blogger-image--1711844530.jpg

Just had some home-baked bread with butter and a banana on it as a snack - needed carbs to focus on grading the last student papers for this semester... Will make Tiroler Groestl for dinner tonight. Traditional Austrian leftover dish: potatos, onions, some meat (beef in my case) panfried in clarified butter, seasoned with salt, pepper, marjoram and caraway (which I consider optional), topped with a fried egg or two. Just need to go and get beer.

Stefan

I accidentally bought some vegan ravioli in the gourmet section of the grocery store. Whoever created that crap seriously needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot. The pasta dough was tasteless to the point that it aggressively fought off all flavor that tried to enter my body. Mission accomplished -- it sucked.

k.

Your meals seem so much nicer then mine.

I'm really into fitness, kickboxing ect.
When i have to cut weight my meals are essential 100 grams breast, 70grams broc, some sprouts and spinach.. cycling every second meal with either 50grams of sweet patato or 1 tablespoon of avacado..

My average day is this:

Breakfast
50g spelt
40g blue berries
3 egg whites
1 full egg

Blended into a mixture which i then drink or if i have time make pancakes haha... not very nice as pancakes unless you add stuff.

Then the chicken meal that i mentioned above every 2 hours

Untill dinner where i have red meat instead of chicken.

Looking at all these pictures is just making me hungry!

Your meals seem so much nicer then mine.

I'm really into fitness, kickboxing ect.
When i have to cut weight my meals are essential 100 grams breast, 70grams broc, some sprouts and spinach.. cycling every second meal with either 50grams of sweet patato or 1 tablespoon of avacado..

My average day is this:

Breakfast
50g spelt
40g blue berries
3 egg whites
1 full egg

Blended into a mixture which i then drink or if i have time make pancakes haha... not very nice as pancakes unless you add stuff.

Then the chicken meal that i mentioned above every 2 hours

Untill dinner where i have red meat instead of chicken.

Looking at all these pictures is just making me hungry!

You must be at a very low weight, I cut for summer and usually eat that many calories by lunch haha. It is bulk time for me though :).

Ugh - I had three teeth out and some bone graft for an implant on Tuesday. Good thing I made a pot of duck stock Sunday because that's pretty much what I've been having every day. I did make fried cabbage, pirogues and knockwurst the other night, but that was pushing it. Just finished a banana and it tasted quite good. It would have been better with a glass of cab franc or stout.

Normally I make good food, but when things are chaotic we fall back on the comfort dishes. I need a good detox after the holidays.

Oden: Japanese hot pot filled with daikon radish, fried tofu pouches with mochi inside, deep fried fish spam, konyaku, and other tasty things in a soy sauce based soup.

I love winter because my stepdad makes this almost every week. :)

For breakfast was a smoothie w/ a 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 handful spinach, 6 strawberries, & 1/2 cup water. Best breakfast I've found to rejuvenate after a workout.

lunch of the day. homemade pasties with ground beef stir, Onion,garlic,tomato,cruched tomatos,green olives,feta cheese,paprika,boild eggs,powerful naga mustard and fresh oregano.

IMG_20121216_121938_zpsad5bda21.jpg
IMG_20121216_122448_zps7b5b60c1.jpg
IMG_20121216_124033_zps8ffa30f4.jpg
IMG_20121216_124103_zps0bd61c89.jpg
IMG_20121216_131950_zpsb1926350.jpg
IMG_20121216_132216_zps48635b60.jpg
IMG_20121216_140433_zps99f4ceda.jpg
IMG_20121216_143833_zps60511409.jpg
IMG_20121216_144900_zpse9f5786a.jpg

Oden: Japanese hot pot filled with daikon radish, fried tofu pouches with mochi inside, deep fried fish spam, konyaku, and other tasty things in a soy sauce based soup.

I love winter because my stepdad makes this almost every week. :)
Pikachu spoon! :)

i translate the recipe for you guys if you wanna try it. i rly recomend this dough :)

Recipe for pastie dough.

10 big pieces / 1kg minced meat
Oven 225 degrees for 13-15min in the middle. greaseproof paper on the plate

ingredients
50g yeast
500g Milk 3% fat
420g flour
300g wholemeal flour special
50g butter (room tempature)
15g sugar
15g seasalt
2 eggs for brushing the pasties

even out the yeast with the milk (arund 37 degree on the milk)
put in the rest of the ingredients, work the dough til its even
let it rest with a cover in room temparure for 20 mins then put the dough in the refrigerator and leave it there for 30min.
take out the dough and make 10 even pieces, roll them out into round pieces about 5mm thick.
take the filling and put it in the center, brush half corner of the dough with egg and fold over the dough, dubble fold a sealing or use a fork to close the pastie.
brush the pastie with egg and use some chees like garnish on the top.

I love Pasties - used to get them at a mom & pop bakery in Detroit. I'll be trying that recipe in between the holidays thanks for posting.

cool. yeah well the dough is a real winner if u ask me :) please take photos.

Needed a little cheese fix, so I grabbed some Ipanema Beehive cheese at wholefoods. Sourdough and homemade jam, a good day off.

IMG_20121217_115439.jpg

Needed a little cheese fix, so I grabbed some Ipanema Beehive cheese at wholefoods. Sourdough and homemade jam, a good day off.

IMG_20121217_115439.jpg

Isn't it funny how the cheese cavings just pop up, lol. Actually, I'm always seeming to be having one...

Sitting in a diner, waiting for a top shelf margarita. Today is a meatloaf and mashed potato day, one of my comfort foods and I don't feel like cooking.

Stefan

Today deer, mushroom sauce with potatoes and salat

blogger-image--607765431.jpg

blogger-image--1034593677.jpg

will be cool if you posted a pics with knife you used :D

Leftover spaghetti and good bread. The key, of course, is making a good spaghetti yesterday.

Back