what is your un-fanciest meal?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since we are having a confessional about the nasty (not necessarily tastewise) crap we eat when no one is looking, I like to fry up a couple slices of Costco maple bacon then sauté some onions and mushrooms in the fat and add all to a nice pot of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. If I'm feeling particularly classy I'll chop up some chives and sprinkle on top.....sigh - there, I said it.
i am the king of Kraft dinner cheese sauce...!

I really like making stew. Or chili. Those are pretty homely.

Anyone ever do uncooked Campbell's cream of mushroom soup spread on toast under the broiler for a few minutes... Bachelor life.

Kind of laughing at some of the un fanciest meals that involve so many steps! Come on guys ! We won't judge

Salad....and having said that... I love the creative fling it demands....custom dressing, toasted flavored croutons and nuts, greens etc. the variations are endless.

omelets, I eat at least one omelet a day. I should stop because my cholesterol is probably through the roof...but they are just so good and so easy

My heart attack special breakfast sandwich. Hard roll, taylor ham or pork roll, bacon, cheese, fried egg. Then you put butter on the roll with BBQ sauce, yes somehow those two work nicely together with all that.

Rice and kimchi. So simple it's only 13 letters.

left over venison steak and potatoes sliced and fried up with onions salt n peppa

Had to wait for a "JERSEY" guy to get the Taylor ham egg and cheese in there, thanks Mingooch:plus1: Fried bologna with carmelized spanish onion and kosciusko mustard on a kaiser roll. I can feel my heart slowing.........

Bit of avocado oil in a non-stick, toss in a handful of raw peanuts and finely diced shallot to brown. Then good frozen pork/leek/shrimp potstickers from the Chinese market placed in to brown on the bottom. Then some chicken stock and a lid to steam, remove the lid to cook off the liquid.

Served over greens with some peanut dressing. Yum!

Tin of baked beans with sausages in them, with cheese mixed in at the end, on brown toast with a poached egg

Scrambled eggs, nuked vegan bacon (done in 40 seconds and keeps in freezer), frozen fries, toast.

Supermarket Rotisserie chicken with hummus, white rice.

If I was single I'd prob live on grilled chicken with pasta in garlic oil.

i am the king of Kraft dinner cheese sauce...!

I really like making stew. Or chili. Those are pretty homely.

Anyone ever do uncooked Campbell's cream of mushroom soup spread on toast under the broiler for a few minutes... Bachelor life.

Kind of laughing at some of the un fanciest meals that involve so many steps! Come on guys ! We won't judge

Yea, mine sounded a bit involved. But I've made it many times so in my mind it's easy. Poached eggs seem to be a common theme!

Ketchup, scrambled egg fried rice with black pepper and chili flakes. Five minutes tops. If I have scallions they go in to.

Sounds weird but ketchup changes its flavor when cooked. More umami than sickly sweet.

True story. Depending on how much sugar is in the ketchup you use you have to be careful not to burn it, but it can be really good.

wife is doing girl's night out.

rice, fried egg, kimchee.

and a Sculpin beer. :)

some of you all are badasses!! fantastic food riffs.

Sounds weird but ketchup changes its flavor when cooked. More umami than sickly sweet.

I can confirm the deliciousness of this. Confit garlic puree might change your world, really hits with the shallots.

Ketchup is one of the few things I can't eat. Wife leaves a plate in the sink with ketchup on it and I wretch. Oddly, currywurst I can do no problem and one of the few meals my mother made as a kid that I enjoyed was some kind of roasted lamb smothered with ketchup and mustard.

Yea, mine sounded a bit involved. But I've made it many times so in my mind it's easy. Poached eggs seem to be a common theme!

Haha I was just busting your chops fella, I guess least fancy doesn't necessarily mean fewest steps. I love beef stroganoff

Discounting sandwiches (tomato-mozarella , or simply a slice of bread with fine Leberwurst or Mett), so stuff that involves some real cooking?

Penne, can of diced tomatoes, garlic, onion and a diced zucchini. Salt, pepper and some chili for seasoning. Or if I have some left-over rice or potatoes in the fridge, it's either fried rice with egg and scallions or "Bratkartoffeln" with bacon, onions and scrambled eggs.

chapaghetti.jpg

Back