what is your un-fanciest meal?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a torta roll (from Costco/LaBrea bakery), split it and toss the two halves under the broiler to toast, add a couple of slices of breast meat from a still warm Costco roto-chicken with a little olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper.

That was lunch today after getting back from grocery hunting - Costco was the last stop.

Take a torta roll (from Costco/LaBrea bakery), split it and toss the two halves under the broiler to toast, add a couple of slices of breast meat from a still warm Costco roto-chicken with a little olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper.

That was lunch today after getting back from grocery hunting - Costco was the last stop.

+1. One of my favorites

Another winner is Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce III over pasta.

Simple. Good. Satisfying.

My most lazy, yet tasty meal would: rice, cottage cheese, hot sauce and half an advocado. All mixed and of course rice is made with a rice cooker to minimise the workload.

On my first read I registered 'breast milk'. Thank you dyslexia.

I am around and make awesome food all day and I come home and always usually have a good ole bowl of cereal

Lazy Saturday, farina and eggs...

20160326_123002_zps2hvpqten.jpg

Eggs and hot dogs.... best breakfast/lunch/dinner ever

I prefer simple natural food only for my meal and i eat fruits and vegetables only.
Thanks for sharing your meal ideas.

I have been buying alot of gyoza lately. CJ brand pork and leek is good, USA made.

dbs8ef.jpg

For me - puttanesca. (Pasta with olives, garlic, chile, tomatoes and capers). Takes 15 minutes from start to finish. For the kids - bacon and tomato pasta.

I do a lot of whole-chicken roasting over vegetables and then just pick at it throughout the week until it's gone.

10wqj6h.jpg

Stack of taco spices, diced peppers and onion, ground bison, black beans. Cook together. Serve straight, or over rice if some starch is needed.

Even simpler, sear some shredded Brussels sprouts, then pour scrambled eggs into the pan.

Not so healthy: Croque monsieur with just simple good bread, simple good ham and loads of really good cheese (pref. Comté), butter and nothing else :knife:

healthy: simple green salad with austrian pumpkin seed oil, pumpkin seeds and a simple dressing

I have been advised to eat more fiber so what I regularly do lately is to take a bit of chicken breast, cut it in cubes and grill them in a pan with a bit of olive oil.
When they are done I throw in Heinz baked beans, wait until they start boiling (add some salt, pepper and chili) and eat with some bread.

As a pro-cook, i rarely cook at home. The way i cook things in a professional kitchen doesnt translate well when using home equipment , and theres no dishwashers to hand my dirty pots to. Microwaved chicken tenders on a sub roll is a staple meal for me at home.

Kraft diner, hot dogs or bolagna, ketchup. Sometimes I'll get fancy and added some sauted veggies. In cape breton/newfoundland this is dubbed a magical meal. Also Canadian kraft diner. Not that ****** american stuff. Also not brand name kraft diner, the 3 for a $1 kind.

Lomi salmon, rice, chili pepper water.

Get good Kim Chee from Korean market. Leftover rice in a skillet or Wok onions, egg, any veg in frig. spam kim chee.

Walmart frozen pork patties with chedder cheese. Cook onions & mushrooms with the pork burger. Toast the bun, lettuce, vine ripe tomato's.

Halusky :) I always have fresh bryndza in the freezer (I buy about 4-5kg when visiting Slovakia and freeze it immediately) I bought a proper freezer for a car for this very reason.

Matus, I have a love for Halusky, but living in the UK have zero chance of finding bryndza. Can you suggest an alternative cheese? We have a lot of Polish food shops in the UK these days, do the Poles make a similar cheese?

Back