What knife roll do you have? Seeking recommendations for a larger roll/case.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16 Slots, 80x55cm with custom logo and color from www.msecret.pl

Cheers,
Becks

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_192124_196.jpg
    IMG_20190126_192124_196.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20190126_192124_205.jpg
    IMG_20190126_192124_205.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20190126_192124_208.jpg
    IMG_20190126_192124_208.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 133
Like the layout on that, it is nice if you can get at 4-5 knives without having to unroll for all 15+
and also that some of the handles are opposte to avoid sno-cone shape when you roll it.

Have you noticed and downsides to the layout, in actual use?

Last edited:
Can we see a few rolls and cases from what people use these days ?

I mean since this thread refuses to go into oblivion ...

Have you noticed and downsides to the layout, in actual use?

Yes, the slots are quite closely for some bigger, western handles. And i'm missing a pocket for a mid-size bench stone. Would change that on an my next offer. Besides that i'm excited about the quality and the craftsmanship.

Can we see a few rolls and cases from what people use these days ?

I mean since this thread refuses to go into oblivion ...

I'd like to see some more rolls too. Particularly the ones from My Knife Bag. I know Jon has some photos on his site but I'd like to see one filled up for practical use.

You all necrobumped a more than one year old thread and nobody got agitated! Wow :)

@DitmasPork if you still have that leather roll from the original post, I really like it and will offer to buy it from you.

Sorry, not for sale, I use it a lot. Contact Jonathan at http://www.jawleathergoods.com, mine is canvas lined leather, he's a pleasure to work with if you need reasonable customizations; leather used is top-notch. Lately I've been eyeing the rolls at Proper Apron Co for a bigger roll, though not super high on my priority list.
rG77fbO.jpg

I need a bag for 3 - 10 hours travels on a regular basis, once in a month or two. I would not buy a bag without velcro straps inside. I got inexpensive Mac knife roll bag KR-108. 8 good slots, 390 mm long Kiritsuke fits just about nice, bag folds in 3 parts, additional space on the inside cover, excellent handle. The only minus: no strap.

I do not have sayas: I cut milk tetrapak (thin cardboard lined with thin aluminium) into vertical quarters and just place them over edges. Then I intervawe velcros over and under each other knife. Perfectly safe, not bulkly.

If bag is full, velcro interwawe is somewhat tedious for daily use. But, for 3-4-5 knives, bag is perfectly safe and quick even wihtout any additional edge protection with no need for velcro interveawe - just press velcro over and in between the stuff.

@daveb just attach a couple of carabiners to the hand straps and add a diy strap perhaps? Thanks for the pics, think I still prefer my knife bag though. Most of my small tools stay in a tackle box at work.

Would expect a New Orleans dude to keep kitchen tools in a tackle box.

This thread has legs for all the awesome leather rolls on it.

Back