Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love bread and butter more than anything in this world (food wise), there is nothing better then a fresh loaf of bread right out of the oven :eek2:

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1449961435.465760.jpg

Mike, shrimp skins, liquior from the mahogany clams, white fish scraps, ginger, shallot, lemongrass, grated celery, dash pyua red pepper flake, a couple of cups of home made roasted chix broth, bonito flake some and palm sugar and a shot of coconut milk.

I like to make bread too, yesterday I made 16 baguettes with two different flour to make side by side comparison.

IMG_2565.jpg

Nothing fancy here, but the weather is supposed to turn a bit colder this weekend so I made a bit of soup:

20151216_234519_zps4yledzse.jpg

And a few recent bread pics...don't compare to what I've been seeing here but has improved over the last year or so...and while the oven is hot nothing like some shirred eggs:)

20151105_172435_zpsq1hrs0lj.jpg

20151205_183327_zpsg0sd030t.jpg

20151205_190749_zpssbfxmrhz.jpg

Cheers

That soup looks incredibly satisfying
Nothing fancy here, but the weather is supposed to turn a bit colder this weekend so I made a bit of soup:

20151216_234519_zps4yledzse.jpg

And a few recent bread pics...don't compare to what I've been seeing here but has improved over the last year or so...and while the oven is hot nothing like some shirred eggs:)

20151105_172435_zpsq1hrs0lj.jpg

20151205_183327_zpsg0sd030t.jpg

20151205_190749_zpssbfxmrhz.jpg

Cheers

2 days of cooking...

Whole first day for some really nice beef stock. A huge 17l pot of stock (huge for me as a home cook):

2_zpsfyxytqgk.jpg

Next day I used 2/3 of stock to cook Demi Glace.

First I cooked Espagnole and latter Demi Glace:

3_zpsytqwfcg5.jpg

My steaks will be so much better for the next months ;)

lobster bisque. I used modernist cuisine at home's pressure cooker bisque recipe and and sous vide the lobster tail, claws and knuckle. Flavor was great and rich, but I was a little disappointing at how little volume of stock there was after pressure cooking and then subsequently having to reduce afterwards.

fdd214.jpeg

New member thought Id share some recent favorites

Venison, shisito, farro, bourbon soy reduction

WsZ3Zca.jpg

Homemade tagliatelle, pork meatballs, san marzano sauce, and cured egg yolk

jEe3FhA.png

Strip, morels, fried bone marrow, horseradish cream

rtSyeyx.jpg

Raviolo with brown butter sauce, toasted pine nuts

Z6NBzAY.jpg

Tomato tarte, parmesan cream, 4 year country ham

eqxr6ly.jpg

adig update your location in your profile... So I know where im heading for dinner. Beautiful food and photography

today I tried to make a kind of hotpot dish

i bought some mentsuyu and diluted it by half, and then added a quarter of the total volume in koikuichi. To this I added 4 new potatoes and one girthy utility carrot.

Next I browned off a pork chop on the two largest sides and crisped up the fat cap, I deglazed that pan with one shallot. The pork chop and the shallot were added to the hotpot with a tablespoon of ginger and a teaspoon of honey.

I simmered the pot for twenty minutes, during which time I washed some beansprouts and made some kind of thai noodles (something similar to ramen I guess). I left the sprouts in the pot and took it off the heat to rest for ten minutes while I washed the noodles. Then I added some msg and togarashi.

It was pretty good! Not sure how Japanese it was.

today I tried to make a kind of hotpot dish

i bought some mentsuyu and diluted it by half, and then added a quarter of the total volume in koikuichi. To this I added 4 new potatoes and one girthy utility carrot.

Next I browned off a pork chop on the two largest sides and crisped up the fat cap, I deglazed that pan with one shallot. The pork chop and the shallot were added to the hotpot with a tablespoon of ginger and a teaspoon of honey.

I simmered the pot for twenty minutes, during which time I washed some beansprouts and made some kind of thai noodles (something similar to ramen I guess). I left the sprouts in the pot and took it off the heat to rest for ten minutes while I washed the noodles. Then I added some msg and togarashi.

It was pretty good! Not sure how Japanese it was.

Did you get a pic of the finished product?

Did you get a pic of the finished product?

2gyaef8.jpg

sorry, dark bowl, cell phone pic. dark broth. two of the new potatoes were actually from an older purchase, so they sort of decided to fall apart for reasons unbeknownst to us.

forgot to mention I sliced the chop so each slice had some fat cap on it. sorry if you though I threw the whole chop in :shocked3:

Can't wait to see the finished product Mucho.

Crap cell-phone photo but great dinner. Bornholmsk bone-in pork chop with caper cider butter sauce, leek confit, and buttery mash. Don't worry, I didn't use too much butter. The leek was confit'ed in duck fat. Much healthier.

c8da75f46de6eb6c9082.png

cacio e pepe for lunch. i crave this stuff more than any other pasta dish.

vAv64G5.jpg

No such thing. I think the general population is finally starting to realize that "fat doesn't make you fat". Like the steak knife / petty BTW.

"Fat doesn't make you fat" isn't really that much of a factor for me I eat large amounts of meat, pasta, rice, potatoes, and bread on top of all the fat.

I picked up the knife from Matus in the BST. It's technically a petty. AEBL steel and walnut handle. I like it for small tasks and charcuterie.

No such thing. I think the general population is finally starting to realize that "fat doesn't make you fat". Like the steak knife / petty BTW.
So you'd eat deep fried butter on a stick, eh?

maxresdefault.jpg

(i stole this from youtube)

Back