Whats your most expensive hobby?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brazilian Jiu-Jistu and food are my main hobbies I guess. Haven't bought a knife in a long while since I stopped being a Chef. I've also got a large collection of ties which keeps growing

Brazilian Jiu-Jistu and food are my main hobbies I guess. Haven't bought a knife in a long while since I stopped being a Chef. I've also got a large collection of ties which keeps growing

i totally forgot you were into MMA too... when did you stop cooking though?

i totally forgot you were into MMA too... when did you stop cooking though?

Stopped a few months ago, got an office job working for a large energy company. I was a Chef for 11 years and never planned on doing it at all, started off washing dishes part-time at University. Took about a 30% pay cut for the new job but I'm so much happier now, I have a lot more free time and I'm a lot less stressed out. It feels like I can have a job and a life now, whereas before they were the same thing

Probably this.

[video=youtube;rScoG4jBqEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScoG4jBqEE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Music, good quality Gibsons cost an arm and a leg these days!

Baccarat, Steuben, Waterford: decanters, glasses, vases, etc.

Dream Burls, I'm not a collector but looking for a really nice and timeless decanter set. I drink 99% tequila and usually use Riedel tequila flutes for sipping, and when drinking something iced, or just don't feel like holding a fragile glass, would like a set of glasses to match the decanter (which I'd keep my daily go-to reposado in).

Recommendations on what brands and where to shop for something cool and vintage (or new and vintage inspired) would be appreciated.

Dream Burls, I'm not a collector but looking for a really nice and timeless decanter set. I drink 99% tequila and usually use Riedel tequila flutes for sipping, and when drinking something iced, or just don't feel like holding a fragile glass, would like a set of glasses to match the decanter (which I'd keep my daily go-to reposado in).

Recommendations on what brands and where to shop for something cool and vintage (or new and vintage inspired) would be appreciated.
Are you concerned about leaded decanters? I am. I only use mine for show. So if you want a lead free decanter take a look at Ravenscroft crystal. They have a lot of decanters and decanter sets that are very contemporary. Go to eBay and check them out.

Music, good quality Gibsons cost an arm and a leg these days!

Yeah, they sure are lol. In fact, my absence has been related to that:

Recent guitar acquisitions, Eric Johnson signature strat, R8 and a mid 80s MIJ strat

i need to revise my answer.

i just bought a full suspension, carbon fiber mountain bike..hahah. on the great-side; i lost 3 lbs in 5 days of riding it.

and now i'm disposable income broke.

Watches have overtaken my track hobby the last month or so. Thankfully track car is still sidelined for clutch replacement so I have not been spending the normal $ for track events this year. But I pretty much blew the annual track budget on 3 watches. Only have one in-hand so far, so pics will have to wait.

F8BEEE0C-9B60-4A3E-86C9-94333DA46CB6.jpg

because catching your own fish is cheaper than buying in stores.

Just saw this thread again and it came to mind how over the past year I have spent more money on shoes than I have knives and kitchenware combined.

When I was in Paris I lived within walking distance of J.M. Weston, John Lobb, and Edward Green. Bad times for the wallet.

Just saw this thread again and it came to mind how over the past year I have spent more money on shoes than I have knives and kitchenware combined.

When I was in Paris I lived within walking distance of J.M. Weston, John Lobb, and Edward Green. Bad times for the wallet.

This is the exact reason I have avoided this thread! Ugh. I need more restraint.

Hmm, most expensive hobby. Built this for myself:

computer_zpsjup7c1e0.jpg

Latest posts

Back