What's your ride?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o-MONKEYS-RIDE-DOGS-570.jpg

2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab in black. Sporting the wonderful studded snow tires right now and we need them lately.

bIr5RnF.jpg

Just got it yesterday: 2011 GTI (nav/sunroof) in Tornado Red. Sure is a lot sportier than the (now my wife's) Prius. Also, in a nod to the 2000 VR6 GTI I used to own, a button quit working the day after I bought it, even though it only has 28k miles on it. It's the three door version, with DSG (I can't row my own too well, these days, due to the leg with the titanium rod and 12 bolts and the screwed up ankle and knee).

After 10 years with 1.6i Skoda Octavia we got Subaru Outback 2.0D CVT last autumn. I really enjoy driving it even if unpaved roads are scarce in Germany :)

An update: I friggin' love the GTI, though I've done some mods (better brakes, so far [geomet rotors, stoptech street pads, and tyrolsport bushings], and an APR flash and unibrace, as well as a 25mm rear sway, are on the horizon). I also put a fairly modest carbon fiber winglet on the spoiler, but that was just because I made the mistake of going through an automated carwash that scratched the crap out of the spoiler, and this was cheaper than fixing it or replacing. It looks pretty good, I gotta say.

My ex and I drive the save model, just different colors. They're not very fast, but we get great mileage.

Little Tike.jpg

Mine is a second hand Toyota IST (probably from 2008. I believe it's marketed as the Scion in some regions) I got from my father. Car prices in Singapore are probably higher than anywhere else in the world. Could buy you a nice house elsewhere.

The IST has excellent fuel efficiency and big enough to move large stuff. However, I really should stop using it and start using public transport or cycling for the lower carbon output and there's honestly no reason to drive a car in Singapore if you're commuting to work.

Come down and do an event with Potomac next year. I hope to run a fuller schedule next year, including hitting all of our events at SP.

Not a bad idea. Unfortunately, due to surgery, had to miss the entire season this year with Riesentoter, including Watkins Glen (which I love) and Summit next week. I've also attended DE with Schattenbaum, but never Potomac. No good reason not to; although Summit is a bit of a drive from Philadelphia, I really do like that track.

pwsw0.png

My M3 coupe and Z4M coupe. But I just sold my m3 a few weeks ago :sad0:

The little one is so cute:cool2:

Recently totalled my Tundra, Forerunner now sits in drive, Tacoma (my 2nd) will be next.:thumbsup:

man the 2017 model looks amazing aesthetically, i especially like the targa top, except its 30 grand and still low powered :D

right! the targa rf is pretty pricey but looks so good!

2013 VW Jetta 2.slow.... The worst car imaginable for Canadian winters. Cold starts sometimes means I'm not getting to work that morning. Drivers side window mechanism died in the freeze this winter. Car was designed with no engine temperature gauge (why???). Barely 4 years old and I've had to replace all sparkplugs and ignition wires, never seen that in a new car before. Oh and did I mention it has zero torque so changing lanes on the hwy make my life flash before my eyes if there's a Porsche or corvette coming in hot behind me lol man was that ever a terrible purchase!

Back