• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Yanick Puig 300mm AO Super Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Currantly

Reaction score
Hello KKF!

I have for sale today a Yanick Puig 300mm sujihiki for sale. It’s constructed from Aogami Super and clad in soft iron. I absolutely love this knife but sadly I have to let it go due to a very important upcoming expense. It’s only been used a handful of times while I’ve had it to slice up some duck during dinner service. This knife comes with a custom saya.

Specs:

Steel: soft iron clad Aogami super
Dimensions: 308mmx42mm
Spine thickness: 3.5mm
Weight: 229g
Handle: rosewood, ebony, marble horn, spalted cocobolo saya
Smith: Yanick Puig

This is priced to sell as soon as possible. Looking to get $1100 for this one shipped CONUS.

Thank you for looking.

885E4284-7349-4AB7-93DA-E657584354B7.jpeg
DE39D41F-2CB0-447C-916A-4AAD636A65B9.jpeg
AE340342-1809-4BFD-AA24-0785C1DD295B.jpeg
10BF4963-3765-48EC-83DA-A91979B8A75D.jpeg
2479F23E-E2E2-46D5-9A67-4440198ED8AA.jpeg
B661236A-D33C-44DD-B3C6-E1A313E10CA4.jpeg

Gorgeous blade. Can you clarify what is happening on the spine?

Not trying to neg a bst post but I think this is my old one. It should be noted that it definitely had a pitting problem plus a crack in the spacer.

As the owner of this after Rico, I should add to this—

I had the handle crack thoroughly backfilled and resanded to restore structural integrity when the saya was made. Woodwork on this is thus no longer an issue.

The blade did have two spots of pitting when I received it closer to the tip. I treated said spots heavily, achieving what I believed to be a stable base of steel beneath them, before giving the whole thing a stone day to make everything shine again.

I can’t speak to the condition it’s in now after Curran’s use, but this thing left my care in the same well-maintained condition as you’ve all come to expect from my knives, and if I know Curran it should still be damn close. Buy with confidence

As the owner of this after Rico, I should add to this—

I had the handle crack thoroughly backfilled and resanded to restore structural integrity when the saya was made. Woodwork on this is thus no longer an issue.

The blade did have two spots of pitting when I received it closer to the tip. I treated said spots heavily, achieving what I believed to be a stable base of steel beneath them, before giving the whole thing a stone day to make everything shine again.

I can’t speak to the condition it’s in now after Curran’s use, but this thing left my care in the same well-maintained condition as you’ve all come to expect from my knives, and if I know Curran it should still be damn close. Buy with confidence
It definitely got a lot of love from you. I know you gave it the spa treatment. Just wanted to put that information out there. Someone will definitely be happy from this one. Am jealous

Back