• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Yoshimitsu Tamahagane Custom Gyuto 210mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissKnifeCollector

Reaction score
I am selling this super rare and sought after and collectable Yoshimitsu Tamahagane Gyuto 210mm with an dark blueish Custom Handle by Isaiah Schroeder. Bought this one on CKTG in 2013. The blade with an baeutiful hand engraved Kanji and stamped Kanji got repolished and is in an good condition.

Yoshimitsu was established as steel wheel blacksmith in Nagasaki since 1852 The way to acquire high quality steel or lower grade steel in Japan until 1868 before Japan opened the country to Euro countries and United State was to get from Tatara which is burn iron sand in charcoal three days and three nights. Japanese blacksmiths used to use forged iron or steel for the places where need to be hard to wear, so good wheels and hardware had been made by forged iron or steel.

There are two things what very famous about Yoshimitsu which works with five Brothers, and the oldest brother who is over 90 Years old president of Yoshimitsu.

The other thing is what Yoshimitsu makes very famous is what they make own Tamahagane from Iron sand and charcoal burning three days and nights. That is why they can use their knives to Tamahagane and Watetsu.

They make own Hagane and Jigane is used over 200 years old hardware, so they have lots of knowledge and experiences from their works from steel production to the end of process cutlery making.

blade length: 208mm
blade heigth: 47mm
overall knife length: 347mm
the tamahagane core has at least 62 HRC, but its super hard to tell as they do everything by hand and feel. with an soft iron Cladding.

750USD or send me your offer, I am open for trades

Pictures:

Comes in the original Box.

Last edited:
GDit I can’t believe I missed this one. Guy is ripping some fastballs in here. Man hit a brother up next time 😂

I am selling this super rare and sought after and collectable Yoshimitsu Tamahagane Gyuto 210mm with an dark blueish Custom Handle by Isaiah Schroeder. Bought this one on CKTG in 2013. The blade with an baeutiful hand engraved Kanji and stamped Kanji got repolished and is in an good condition.

Yoshimitsu was established as steel wheel blacksmith in Nagasaki since 1852 The way to acquire high quality steel or lower grade steel in Japan until 1868 before Japan opened the country to Euro countries and United State was to get from Tatara which is burn iron sand in charcoal three days and three nights. Japanese blacksmiths used to use forged iron or steel for the places where need to be hard to wear, so good wheels and hardware had been made by forged iron or steel.

There are two things what very famous about Yoshimitsu which works with five Brothers, and the oldest brother who is over 90 Years old president of Yoshimitsu.

The other thing is what Yoshimitsu makes very famous is what they make own Tamahagane from Iron sand and charcoal burning three days and nights. That is why they can use their knives to Tamahagane and Watetsu.

They make own Hagane and Jigane is used over 200 years old hardware, so they have lots of knowledge and experiences from their works from steel production to the end of process cutlery making.

blade length: 208mm
blade heigth: 47mm
overall knife length: 347mm
the tamahagane core has at least 62 HRC, but its super hard to tell as they do everything by hand and feel. with an soft iron Cladding.

750USD or send me your offer, I am open for trades

Pictures:

Comes in the original Box.

Dear SwissKnifeCollector when possible please do let me jnow the tracking number, thanks?

Last login on Sunday so surely saw your message on Wed. Have you tried direct contact?

Well, not much can be done here - should the communication with the seller not be possible, then the obvious next option is to file a complaint via PayPal. I used that option once myself (many moons ago) and got my money back.

Sorry for Swiss German:

Hey @SwissKnifeCollector mach doch de Chäufer ned verrockt ond geb ehm doch dTracking Nommere. Das ghört sech zumne guete Schwiizer Service! ;-)
Hey... don't make the buyer crazy and give him his tracking number. That's part of a good Swiss service ;-)

By the way, not all Swiss are so unreliable!

Last edited:
Didn't this seller have another post with 10+ knives on it? Is there anyone from that post that had a successful transaction?
( WTS - High End Collectors Knifes! )

Just seems pretty odd to scam someone while still trying to sell a couples grand worth of knives on the forum.

Best of luck to buyer.

I was curious about that....so far no contact from him....:(

Geez man. Speedy recovery
0c3a6aab-76f1-47d9-a488-7873ec533f51.JPG

Oh no, dude that's terrible. Wishing you the best recovery possible :(

Back