You know what’s worse than cutting yourself w a knife…?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
……STABBING YOURSELF W A KNIFE is much worse. :D

Had a rough Monday. Got to work, and found out my computer access to our servers was severed because mine is out of date. I had to drive to Oakland to see IT. Yay! On the way out the door, I talk to a coworker. I found out a job superintendent got ran over by a paving machine and is in horrible condition. I was sad and distracted.

Walking to my truck to drive to Oakland I see fishing line dangling from my chassis. Hmmmm. Curious. So in my office clothing, I slide under. Fishing line is wrapped around and axle and brake caliper. I have a pocket knife! So I started cutting. No probs until I reached up to pull the line down. I pulled my hand into my sharpassrazorbladelikespearpointpocket knife and it slipped into my palm with zero effort. I pinch it off and using my good hand remove the line. As I stood up, it gushed. I tell a guy I see, “hold the door”. I run in and ask our office associate if the sight of blood messes her up. She helped me wrap it. At home my wife butterfly stitch it and we tape it up.

Dumb dumb dumb! I’m fine. Embarrassed. Coincidentally tomorrow I have to go to a FIRST AID training class. I won’t be able to compress the dummy Alice.

No pics :D.

After my recent incident I put a bunch of these in my shopping cart.

https://a.co/d/gVb8lkc

What do you use @boomchakabowwow ?

1716256469307.png

……STABBING YOURSELF W A KNIFE is much worse. :D

Had a rough Monday. Got to work, and found out my computer access to our servers was severed because mine is out of date. I had to drive to Oakland to see IT. Yay! On the way out the door, I talk to a coworker. I found out a job superintendent got ran over by a paving machine and is in horrible condition. I was sad and distracted.

Walking to my truck to drive to Oakland I see fishing line dangling from my chassis. Hmmmm. Curious. So in my office clothing, I slide under. Fishing line is wrapped around and axle and brake caliper. I have a pocket knife! So I started cutting. No probs until I reached up to pull the line down. I pulled my hand into my sharpassrazorbladelikespearpointpocket knife and it slipped into my palm with zero effort. I pinch it off and using my good hand remove the line. As I stood up, it gushed. I tell a guy I see, “hold the door”. I run in and ask our office associate if the sight of blood messes her up. She helped me wrap it. At home my wife butterfly stitch it and we tape it up.

Dumb dumb dumb! I’m fine. Embarrassed. Coincidentally tomorrow I have to go to a FIRST AID training class. I won’t be able to compress the dummy Alice.

No pics :D.
Cutting yourself on the knife’s box.

I’m not proud of it.

View attachment 322770
now THAT is a brilliant invention!

crazy glue or this, note to self...find some of these tie wraps gone medical thingies for the home cabinet.....do they have a name? edit; found them!

sorry for your hand, that for sure is a cut to remember. I did one recently, a regular (GF, kids) peeler with sharp edge but blunt tip....which I knew and thought about but still used it to try stab through some plastic crap packaging, thinking 'be carefull it might go through suddenly' when it did.

Even more sorry for your collegue...

I found out a job superintendent got ran over by a paving machine and is in horrible condition. I was sad and distracted.
I'm getting flashbacks to the Jeremy Renner accident under the snow plow. I wonder how it happened? Was he operating the machine?

Those paving machines are huge. Tons of moving parts, massively heavy, and 240 or so degF asphalt coming out out the back end. And some gobble up the existing paving at the front, which would make you into a scene from Fargo real quick.

View attachment 322770
Very gimmicky. For shallow wounds you don't need to opposed the edges that much, and for deep wounds, good luck getting a dry enough surface for the clear film to stick, let alone sticking well enough for the skin to be pulled. At the end of the day, you shouldn't be treating a deep wound yourself anyways. Direct pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding and then head to ER.

Yes as a trauma surgeon, I have seen my fair share of wounds not being properly treated.

Last edited:
I used some clear ish strips that bridged the hole. Marginally successful.

My commitment to ointment messed with adhesion.

Contractor is very cryptic with accident. Which is a bad sign. I’m worried. Make my thing a non issue

Very gimmicky. For shallow wounds you don't need to opposed the edges that much, and for deep wounds, good luck getting a dry enough surface for the clear film to stick, let alone sticking well enough for the skin to be pulled. At the end of the day, you shouldn't be treating a deep wound yourself anyways. Direct pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding and then head to ER.

Yes as a trauma surgeon, I have seen my fair share of wounds not being properly treated.
that ^and if an extremity is involved keeping it high may help after applying pressure while on your way to the ER

Yes as a trauma surgeon
I assume you insist on scalpel level sharpness at all times, even in the kitchen.

Speaking of sharpness I handled my first Juyo level Koto katana's dating back to the 13th and 14th Centuries last week. All 3 were polished by one of the top togishi in Japan. Those sword togishi put us kasumi nerds to shame. I couldn't believe how sharp those blades were. Good thing I was wearing cotton gloves as my palms were getting real sweaty knowing what they were worth. And getting any blood patina on them would have been a disaster. Blue is defo not their favourite colour .

Last edited:
Back