You know your a knifenut when...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you care about your knives MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than anyone else, and it is DUMB SHARP, and everyone says CAN I USE YOUR KNIFE FOR THIS?

Ok, so i'm probably going to send this thread over the deep end into real nerd/loserdom.
...when you seriously wish you had the money to have someone hand forge a bad a$$ replica of the master sword from the legend of zelda.
(I can admit these things now because I am married, and have no fear of repelling all members of the opposite sex forever with such comments.)

...when you seriously wish you had the money to have someone hand forge a bad a$$ replica of the master sword from the legend of zelda.

just take this one.

(I can admit these things now because I am married, and have no fear of repelling all members of the opposite sex forever with such comments.)
Relevant
[video=youtube;XFKx_lzF6e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFKx_lzF6e4[/video]

When you regularly pause/rewind cooking shows on tv to identify the knife they are using?

IMG_20150201_205637.jpg

Yes, I believe so. Not the hardest one to spot, but it surprised me enough to take a picture of it. I think that says enough. I don't think anyone I know would understand why someone would do this...

...When you know what knives people other than yourself own...
;)

haha or you can EASILY identify them, in person like "oh what is that a Masamoto?"

It was really easy. Jamie only has the one carter.

I did not know this. On the shows I've seen, he uses different knives all the time, usually something with a thick choil, apparently useful for bashing stuff...

Oh, also, you're a knife knut if you go into your kitchen just to look at your knife collection. Sometimes you will just pick up some knives to look at and admire. Then you go back out of the kitchen. Extra points if you a) do this more than once per day, or b) do it first thing in the morning or just before you go to bed at night.

Oh, also, you're a knife knut if you go into your kitchen just to look at your knife collection. Sometimes you will just pick up some knives to look at and admire. Then you go back out of the kitchen. Extra points if you a) do this more than once per day, or b) do it first thing in the morning or just before you go to bed at night.

You don't have them on a night stand? At least one?

I know I'm a knife nut when I observe myself saving veal blood from the bottom of a vacuum seal pack to develop patina on my nakiri...

... When you accidentally cut your finger and consider trying a human blood patina...

When you are admiring your favorite knife and say to your sous:

"You know I would sleep with this knife if I thought my wife would let me."

And then your sous chef replies:

"Yeah.... You've mentioned that before..."

Commence awkward pause, followed by the entrance of an unmistakable FedEx package.

Ok, so i'm probably going to send this thread over the deep end into real nerd/loserdom.

This Happened, can't say i wouldn't want that Buster Sword for a watermelon now and again...
[video=youtube;Qm6m8TEyfcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6m8TEyfcc#t=652[/video]

When you look at the invoices and you say " damn I paid a shig worth on a fish delivery "
Even if you work in kitchens when someone says "jamon" you are thinking about the well polished "hamon" first rather than cured piggy

... when you start a thread that which knife and stone you would take to a deserted island :laugh:

Latest posts

Back