You know your a knifenut when...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you consider using your first unemployment check to buy a custom

When you are admiring your favorite knife and say to your sous:

"You know I would sleep with this knife if I thought my wife would let me."

And then your sous chef replies:

"Yeah.... You've mentioned that before..."

Commence awkward pause, followed by the entrance of an unmistakable FedEx package.

Please tell me this is a true story! Impeccable timing.
Personal favourite

When you drive to the end of your street and that red hexagonal sign says "STROP"

When you and your wife are leaving for a vacation...she asks if the iron is off and you volunteer to go back inside...then you return to the car with camelia oil on your fingers and say "what iron?"

You know you're a knife knut when you find a strange hair on your wife's pillow and your first reaction is to hang it over your Fujiwara blade.

...when you keep cash in a jar that says break in case of KD

When you "use up" a sharpening stone which at first seemed to last forever. Or two. Or many more.
Bonus points if you find it nothing unusual.
Further bonus if you are still using broken paper-thin whetstones.

You mean like this one? ;)

fbgc1y.jpg

you have a half shaven left forearm

Haha. I went to try on watches for my 30th a few weeks ago and about half way through the day i wondered if people thought i had shaved my arm just to try them on.

...you revive this thread
...you have already posted multiple times
...you use your wii u to browse JNS

IMG_4790.jpg

...when one of your whetstones costs more than most of your friends' best knife
...every receipt or paper magnetized to the fridge has some sliver sliced off

When you have a separate pay pal account to your wife. You get your knives sent to your work as your sick of explaining why there is a constant supply of random packages arriving every month...

When your wife realises this and is so accustomed to this behaviour she doesn't bother asking questions anymore

When you have a separate pay pal account to your wife. You get your knives sent to your work as your sick of explaining why there is a constant supply of random packages arriving every month...

When your wife realises this and is so accustomed to this behaviour she doesn't bother asking questions anymore

When you consider taking that to the next level and having some of your pay directed to a hidden account to avoid the questions

Back