• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 150mm - 180mm petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m interested in buying a relatively petty knife in the longer end of things. I’ve really enjoyed my isamitsu 150mm petty but would like to go for a full carbon at around the same length and similar profile. In particular, am interested in a Hado B1, Takada or Tetsujin (non k-tip) at 150mm, 165mm or 180mm.

Happy to buy lightly used or in excellent condition (priced accordingly). not looking for a collectors item, so would frankly be happy with a used petty that’s in excellent condition and has been well cared for.

Looking to minimised shipping in this one, so preference for Australian, NZ or Asian seller.

Thanks,

JP

Last edited:
Would recommend looking out for a Tanaka x Kyuzo B1 165. Really perfect proportions.

Thanks, appreciate you looking. Was just in KNS myself. I like the Tetsujin but as you see it’s sold out. To be honest, Protooling and KNS are both walking distance from me, so access and shipping aren’t an issue!

As I said, hoping to buy used at a good price. Have splurged a lot lately and am not urgently seeking. If someone has a duplicate or needs cash or is just thinning their herd, I’m glad to take a well cared for petty of the thinly ground, Sakai variety off your hands.

Mate I'm in Sydney, have a new unused 150mm Nenox petty with Ironwood handle and wooden saya if interested....
It's >>THIS<< ($395 USD) with the additional saya purchase ($19.50 USD)...no box but happy to take a reasonable offer. PM if you like.
Nick

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Shindo. Amazingly thin and amazing cutting ability for an amazingly reasonable price. A petty can be found for under $100 US.

Mate I'm in Sydney, have a new unused 150mm Nenox petty with Ironwood handle and wooden saya if interested....
It's >>THIS<< ($395 USD) with the additional saya purchase ($19.50 USD)...no box but happy to take a reasonable offer. PM if you like.
Nick
Thanks but prefer wa handle and full carbon (not semi stainless or stainless or stainless clad). Appreciate the invitation to treat though.

Back