240mm Gyuto made out of a Sawblade :)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Magnus

Reaction score
Made another one. This time abit bigger and better :)
[video=youtube;h_vkVgV73N4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vkVgV73N4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That was well done for a first. Good amounts of patience with my "not good enough"-s and fixing the messups 😂👍

WOW!.just WOW! and it was a sawblade!!

Very nice work!

Looks good, dalman sent me a preview pic, glad to see your having fun. I'm insanly jealous. Looks like a decent all arounder gyuto. Can't wait until magnus blades is in full swing. You can toss me down for one given who your teacher is.

you got some magic~~ I am beyond impressed~~

Looks good, dalman sent me a preview pic, glad to see your having fun. I'm insanly jealous. Looks like a decent all arounder gyuto. Can't wait until magnus blades is in full swing. You can toss me down for one given who your teacher is.

Haha thanks. Don't be jealous just take a weekend of to go see the man yourself and be ready to get dirty 😂

This thread, and your previous knife, have made me wanna do my own knife too...

Amazing work. Inspirational.

Im glad to hear that. Just do it. Its great fun and the feeling to have made the knife yourself is awesome 😃

Glad you had a good time and the knife turned out pretty well.

Very nice work, congrats! I need to pay Robin a visit - I could well use a lesson (or five) in grinding and finishing :)

The profile of this knife looks spot on. Real nice. Send her here :p

Thanks all 😊

The profile of this knife looks spot on. Real nice. Send her here :p

Thanks. The profile turns out to work very well i must say. Feels good in hand and all. Abit like a Western profile but with alot more flat spot like some Japanese for the push cuts. The convex grind is a happy medium betwin thin and work horse witch results in good food release and not to wedgy

Back