• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 240mm Joel Black Damascus Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sackboy GIF

-sigh- Daddy Chang’s gotta pay bills and this baby has been sitting on display, used once, just chillin’. Figured I’d rather release her back into the wild for the cash. I know, I suck, but I’M BROKE, BEACH, I’M BROKE (truthful sarcasm(exaggeration?(jetfuelcan’tmeltsteelbeams)))

Unsharpened, comes with a bog oak saya. Just like with a lot of Joel’s work, the finish on this ain’t perfect. Hopefully you can pick up some of her “curves and character” from the video, but don’t pick this up expecting a flawless mirror.

Specs:

236x52mm
197g
Mystery Steel (I can probably ask Joel, will update later)
Bog Oak Octagonal Handle w/ Mystery Wood Spacer
Bog Oak Saya

Price: $750 SOLD

IMG_2125.jpeg
IMG_2126.jpeg

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2129.jpeg
IMG_2118.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool knife. Makes me think what two steels with low hardenability would be good for this.

...then think about the failure rate of the damascus blades when quenching 😬 the price is pretty good for however many they must have to remake after the quench. Though idk how much it was new.

Back