All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some Fakes Lentil Soup tonight. Asked my lady to pick out a recipe out of a long list of ones I had jotted down, and then asked her to pick the cleaver. Here’s the finished product

View attachment 305105View attachment 305106
When you say “Fakes” Lentil Soup, do you mean this isn’t real lentil soup? Or am I missing something obvious…

Got some mondo sweet potatoes I bought to roast up for my doggo tonight… I knew exactly what cleaver I was going to use as soon as I saw them in the store. This is my laser, and it’s very hard to capture a good choil since the edge just disappears. It did the job 🙂

IMG_5098.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg
IMG_5101.jpeg

Not square enough. I think one of these is better:
https://knifewear.com/products/takeda-nas-ko-nakiri-110mm

To be honest, I've always wanted to buy one of these ko-nakiri. The price however has always stopped me dropping the money on it.
Didn’t know they exist but basically made one of these out of a very rusty nakiri I’ve found around 10 years ago. The only nakiri I’ve ever found useful so it’s part of the ARM lineup.
IMG_8620.jpeg
A big rectangle hopefully arriving later this week. Does ARM also apply to stones? Not sure if using a koppa is acceptable :p

Thanks to ARM I’m in no hurry to finish the honyaki polishing before the end of this month, good coincidence.

Last edited:
Didn’t know they exist but basically made one of these out of a very rusty nakiri I’ve found around 10 years ago. The only nakiri I’ve ever found useful so it’s part of the ARM lineup.
View attachment 305182
A big rectangle hopefully arriving later this week. Does ARM also apply to stones? Not sure if using a koppa is acceptable :p

APPROVED.

APPROVED.

:)

Okay, so last year I lasted a day and a half before breaking down and using some recently purchased gyuto and falling off the ARM wagon for the rest of the month. This year, I'm going to alternate between some customs and cheap cleavers:

IMG20240304075510.jpg
IMG20240304075408.jpg

The smaller carbon nakiri is a white #2 nakiri from a homie who is no longer with us (it might be time for a re-handle). The one above it is still a work in progress and recovering from reconstructive surgery converting it from a really old rusty saw blade.

Last edited:
Okay, so last year I lasted a day and a half before breaking down and using some recently purchased gyuto and falling off the ARM wagon for the rest of the month. This year, I'm going to alternate between some customs and cheap cleavers:

View attachment 305240View attachment 305241

The smaller carbon nakiri is a white #2 nakiri from a homie who is no longer with us (it might be time for a re-handle). The one above it is still a work in progress and recovering from reconstructive surgery converting it from a really old rusty saw blade.
That Eddworks nakiri is what settled all my waffling on 2nd custom slot. Getting an AU tallboi in the same vein.

That Eddworks nakiri is what settled all my waffling on 2nd custom slot. Getting an AU tallboi in the same vein.
Awesome! It's honestly very different from what I'm used to going for in a nakiri where I usually prefer thin and light, but it's a really fun knife. It's been through a Shepherd's Pie, and several stir fry and omelette preps since receiving it and I'm really enjoying it.

I didn't participate in ARM last year - somehow just missed the thread until March was mostly over. This year I'm doubling down. I've always admired @HumbleHomeCook 's devotion to the Holy Rectangle, and just wanted to thank him for such a great thread!

Thank you but it's all you Rectanglers that make the thread fun! :)

Back