"And today's secret ingredient is.......!!"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
my Wife makes me laugh. it use to annoy and infuriate me, but I am over it. I enjoy the fun about it now.

my wife doesn't cook. it is no secret in our circle of family and friends. my wife is very much like a mad-scientist in the kitchen...mahuwahhhawahaha!

she does however like to help in the way of doing the grocery shopping. here is where the trouble starts. I usually send her with a list. it is the off-list stuff that makes me laugh. she will just pick up random ingredients because they look nice, or maybe on sale.

last week she bought 3 tiny stalks of Broccoli_rab. haha..it was like 67 cents worth. I ended up chopping that up and dumping it into dry scallop fried rice.

yesterday she showed up with a big head of iceberg lettuce and 4 whole chicken legs. ahhahahahhah... I told her it is like Iron Chef with her.

I'll probably hit the store later and get the stuff I need for Coq au Vin..and maybe a Wedge Salad. wow!! maybe Aros con pollo..and a wedge salad. something and a wedge salad. :D

Bake/ roast the chicken legs. Season them and brush lightly with a spicy BBQ sauce a few times while cooking. Juice the lettuce head. BBQ chicken legs with a healthy drink 😁

my Wife makes me laugh. it use to annoy and infuriate me, but I am over it. I enjoy the fun about it now.

my wife doesn't cook. it is no secret in our circle of family and friends. my wife is very much like a mad-scientist in the kitchen...mahuwahhhawahaha!

she does however like to help in the way of doing the grocery shopping. here is where the trouble starts. I usually send her with a list. it is the off-list stuff that makes me laugh. she will just pick up random ingredients because they look nice, or maybe on sale.

last week she bought 3 tiny stalks of Broccoli_rab. haha..it was like 67 cents worth. I ended up chopping that up and dumping it into dry scallop fried rice.

yesterday she showed up with a big head of iceberg lettuce and 4 whole chicken legs. ahhahahahhah... I told her it is like Iron Chef with her.

I'll probably hit the store later and get the stuff I need for Coq au Vin..and maybe a Wedge Salad. wow!! maybe Aros con pollo..and a wedge salad. something and a wedge salad. :D

My wife does most of the planning and grocery shopping but I do most of the cooking. She will put a note on the fridge with general instructions for me. Usually looks something like this:

Sunday - pizza
Monday - chicken and vegetables
Tuesday - curry
Wednesday - stir fry
Thursday - eating out
Friday - fish and vegetables
Saturday - Chopped Challenge - Eggplants

My wife does most of the planning and grocery shopping but I do most of the cooking. She will put a note on the fridge with general instructions for me. Usually looks something like this:

Sunday - pizza
Monday - chicken and vegetables
Tuesday - curry
Wednesday - stir fry
Thursday - eating out
Friday - fish and vegetables
Saturday - Chopped Challenge - Eggplants
Six out of seven, looks like you are her favorite restaurant.

This week's menu. Just posted. 😂
PXL_20240114_005135655.MP.jpg

Back