Any F1 fans here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up for anyone who maybe interested.
Hadn't bought models almost 10 years when
pre-ordered CMC early 30's Alfa Romeo.

Looking on eBay all my cmc 1/18 were asking
3-4 times as much prices I paid.

Searched cars one at a time for best deals on 60's GP racers found some good sites.

One was wholesale_diecast-models got good price & free shipping to Hawaii.

One of my first CMC models was Bugatti 35
1920's It won more races than any car in history. Reason why is Bugatti was way ahead
of his time. Lightweight race car, aluminum alloy wheels, straight eight supercharged engine. It was best technology, fastest car.
So other countries esp. Europe just bought the
35's & painted their own country colors on them. This is a 1/18 CMC as only they can do it.
The model is like a Swiss watch.

If you want to check them out google 1/18 CMC Bugatti 35

The seller I mentioned has best price new mint
models around 300.00. I paid 280.00 over 10 years ago so that's a damn good deal.

IMG_20210903_101057699.jpg

IMG_20210903_101157719.jpg

He has many countries colors. Following
pictures from CMC catalogue.

IMG_20210903_123218822.jpg

IMG_20210903_123227598.jpg

Well I enjoyed the race it is interesting track challenging banked curves. In this covid resurgence a large dutch crowd. Even the Royal
Family. Max drove a smart race he had to get a pass after pit stop or be boxed in between two
Mercedes. Passing difficult but other red bull
Honda had good race starting from back of the field.

I watched the race, but unfortunately, I found it to be one of the most boring races of the 2021 season. Great drives by Pierre Gasly, as well as Checo.
Zandvoort gets a thumbs down from me; it's narrow, and a "follow-the-parade" track, with not enough straights, so little if any chance to pass. That should be an entirely different story next weekend, when they go to Monza. Let's hope it's a good one.

Get well soon Kimi (tested positive for Covid-19). Kimi's retiring at the end of this season.

Yeah even tho I'm Dutch it felt a lot like another Hungaroring to me. Just not enough opportunity for actual racing on that track.
I don't have best hopes for Monza either; that tends to be one of those 'may the best engine win' snoozefests.

I watched the race, but unfortunately, I found it to be one of the most boring races of the 2021 season. Great drives by Pierre Gasly, as well as Checo.
Zandvoort gets a thumbs down from me; it's a "follow-the-parade" track, with not enough straights, so little if any chance to pass. That should be an entirely different story next weekend, when they go to Monza. Let's hope it's a good one.

Tell that to Perez. Started from pit lane and finished in the points after several great overtaking maneuvers.

It's hard not to end in the points when you have a car that's faster than pretty much 15 of the other cars anyway. It's sad enough he didn't get through Q1 in the first place.

Felt like a race on my old scalectrix track. Nice novelty experience thanks to the banking but I don't think this will be a regular fixture in future seasons.

Felt like a race on my old scalectrix track. Nice novelty experience thanks to the banking but I don't think this will be a regular fixture in future seasons.

They've either got to add another straight (or two),,,, or widen some areas,,,,, or if we want some REAL excitement, how about 2-way traffic.:eek: top 10 qualifiers go clock-wise, bottom 10 go anti-clockwise.:D:LOL::dancingchicken:

That track would be good for short wheelbase
racing cars or motorcycles cornering machines. Many of these tracks were made when F1 cars were much smaller.

Monza in the rain first race saw this season.
Deff. one of best races. The Red Bull Honda guy
said Mercedes favorites on this type of circuit.

Don't know if that's true or just talk to make it sound good esp. if you win. Max won that race
in the rain.

Monza has that big banked oval track too. That's what F1 cars in grand prix movie raced on. Read that it was restored 2010. Wonder what type of racing they use it for now.

The old Monza track would be interesting, but pure suicide with current cars. Monza tends to go to whatever team happens to have the best engine since it's basically nothing but straights with a few chicanes in between. Currently that's Mercedes, hence they're the favorite on that track. But rain is the great equalizer and can spice things up.
I don't think Max ever won Monza? Last year Gasly won, but that was largely due to a lot of weird stuff happening and him ending up being the lucky one.

My mistake thought second round this year in Italy was Monza, it was Imola. Makes since they don't repeat on same tracks. Was looking at the Monza track just now should be interesting. Type of circuit where strongest engine wins. Hope the Honda tuners are on their game.

My mistake thought second round this year in Italy was Monza, it was Imola. Makes since they don't repeat on same tracks. Was looking at the Monza track just now should be interesting. Type of circuit where strongest engine wins. Hope the Honda tuners are on their game.

Actually, they do repeat tracks,,,sometimes. Red Bull's home track (The Red Bull Ring) is in Austria, and this year, they ran back-to-back races there,,,, The Austrian Grand Prix, and, the Styrian Grand Prix.

Last edited:
Driver market's heating up. Kimi is retiring,,, Bottas is taking his place at Alfa Romeo (long-term contract signed yesterday),,, and it looks like Toto has opened the door for George. That opens seats at Williams and possibly a few more. Who partners' Latifi in 2022??

Will Giovinazzi hold his seat at Alfa? Zhou (China) brings a lot of financial backing, so he's an interesting prospect for some of the back-marker teams. Gasly has been strong and consistent and I don't see him moving,,, unless he goes to Williams. Capito seems intent on turning that team around.

Honda's gone next year, and Red Bull will be building their own engines, as well as becoming an engine supplier, so that should be interesting.

What's up with Haas? How can a driver like Niko Hulkenberg sit on the sidelines, and Nikita Mazepin hold a seat??? As for Mick Schumacher, name-recognition is one thing. but does Zhou's money-backing outweigh wishful thinking? Then there's Alex Albon,,,, hmmm. I wouldn't be surprised if Eugene Haas sells the team.

Last edited:
Giovinazzi is probably the most "at risk" driver. Albon is facing contract demands by Mercedes to cut all ties with Red Bull before he can drive at Williams - we'll see how that plays out. Mazespin brings too much money to Haas for them to release him.

Just my thoughts - it's called silly season for a reason.

Giovinazzi is probably the most "at risk" driver. Albon is facing contract demands by Mercedes to cut all ties with Red Bull before he can drive at Williams - we'll see how that plays out. Mazespin brings too much money to Haas for them to release him.

Just my thoughts - it's called silly season for a reason.

There seems to be trouble in the Haas hen-house. Lots of friction off-track between Mick Schumacher and "Mazespin". It has also spilled out onto the track now, so something's gonna break there sooner than later.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...mazepin-make-contact.1710084489407703207.html

Last edited:
Sorry here I go again. Found pictures on eBay
Many of my models in action back in the day.
They weren't much most all under 4.00$ except
Monaco 17"x11" were 9.00$ all free shipping.
IMG_20210907_145111745.jpg

IMG_20210907_145111745.jpg
IMG_20210907_145952399_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210907_145656564.jpg
IMG_20210907_150817657_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210907_150339914_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210907_151052922_HDR.jpg

I could not resist French beauty BB 1956

Attachments

• IMG_20210907_152210650.jpg
    IMG_20210907_152210650.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 3
Nothing wrong with soft suggestive cleavage.🥺

Back when racers would drive in the rain. Photo copy of painting by Peter Helicopter 1893-1988

IMG_20210908_114931581.jpg

IMG_20210907_152210650.jpg

Got a resin painted figure of Bugatti from 1920's era. Also ordered one of Ferdinand Porsche take a while coming from EU. So with Enzo Ferrari will have three of the greatest automotive figures in history. Have several 1930's CMC German race cars with his engine work and design.

I put Mr. Honda up there with the rest but no 1/18 figures of him.

Had been thinking of getting a different country painted Bugatti 35. Hard to choose.
Liked the orange dutch model, the blue & yellow Sweden, settled on solid yellow Belgian looks awesome. 300.00 free shipping. Have had some stocks do really well in retirement accounts at age where by law have to take money out every year even if don't need it.
IMG_20210909_163750050.jpg

IMG_20210909_193656724_MP.jpg

Most successful grand prix race car of all time.

Jeez any pre halo days Hamilton would likely be killed in that pileup. Those things really work for safety.

Yep, and Max not only scuttles Lewis's race, knowing full well the Red Bull couldn't keep up for the race distance,,, and he gets away with a 3-position grid-penalty in the next race???????. And of course, when Max got out of his car, he walks away without even checking to see if Lewis was O.K. Total lack of class on his part, and just what you'd expect from that self-entitled narcissist.

Yep, and Max not only scuttles Lewis's race, knowing full well the Red Bull couldn't keep up for the race distance,,, and he gets away with a 3-position grid-penalty in the next race???????. And of course, when Max got out of his car, he walks away without even checking to see if Lewis was O.K. Total lack of class on his part, and just what you'd expect from that self-entitled narcissist.

Realistically this is a very hard call. Remember Bahrain? Max drove over the curbs to avoid contact and damaged his car - costing him at least a tenth of a second per lap. So, I can see him avoiding a trip right through the curbs.

On the other hand, Lewis just came out on fresh tires, not fully up to temperature or pressure. Maybe he had no option to tighten his line. I've watched the replay several times and really can't fault either guy, but the stewards have more data than me and made a decision.

It was not just the crash, Max pushed Hamilton wide in the first lap. He did not give him any room in the second chickane. Like so many times in this and previous years...

He is playing it dirty since the beginning of his career ☹️

Realistically this is a very hard call. Remember Bahrain? Max drove over the curbs to avoid contact and damaged his car - costing him at least a tenth of a second per lap. So, I can see him avoiding a trip right through the curbs.

On the other hand, Lewis just came out on fresh tires, not fully up to temperature or pressure. Maybe he had no option to tighten his line. I've watched the replay several times and really can't fault either guy, but the stewards have more data than me and made a decision.

Max should have backed out. There's no other way to look at it. The fact that Max didn't even check to see if Lewis was OK tells me a lot about Max's character (or lack thereof) Max deliberately took Lewis out, and he was happy about it. How many more times has this sort of thing got to happen before the FIA clamps down really hard on Max's recklessness. Someone is going to get killed by his selfish stupidity. Christian Horner should lead the charge here. Does Red Bull Racing need that type of behavior as part of their public image? Once again, the fans get ripped off from watching a race in order to satisfy Max's over-inflated ego and reckless self-entitlement. A full race suspension should be the minimum applied here, with an increment for further incidents. Max is not a "racer",,,, he's a whining henchman.

Last edited:
Back