Anyone with FuRinKaZan single bevels?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Wicks

AKA blwchef/crustychef
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've searched and searched but can't seem to find much if any reviews of the FuRinKaZan traditional single bevels. Anyone here have any experience with their yanagi, usuba, deba, kiritsuke,etc...? I'm not interested in gyutos or other double bevel knives.

FYI I took a leap and already ordered a lefty 240mm Aoko#2 Mioroshi Deba in. Should be here in about another 8-10 weeks.

I have a single bevel 150mm petty in blue. I’m not a terribly experienced single bevel guy so I can’t really compare it to others, but it looks to be straight and flat where it should be so, and works quite nicely.

I had a 180 blue 2 usuba. I'm with Grunt above in that I don't have much experience with single bevels. That said, it seemed very well crafted. Perfectly flat bevel and no low/high spots. I could put a very easy kasumi finish on mine due to the consistency of the grind. Fun, but I'm not much of a polisher, so I sold it. No regrets buying it, no regrets selling it.

I've had a furinkazan blue 2 Hon-kasumi yanagiba 300mm, it's a very good knife, F&F was awesome, but the only problem is the uraoshi sharpen too much when i got the knife.

Can i know how much to cost you get a miroshi deba lefty

I have been eyeing the ai-deba for ages. I talked to Koki and he told me that this series is ground by Kasahara, so one can expect top class work there.

I remember reading somewhere that Furinkazan is more of some other knife re-branded? Forgot the other knife though. Would like to know the quality as well, the knives seem suspiciously cheap.

Single bevels are not cheap.

The FuRinKaZan is a house brand, different knives/lines will be made by different craftsmen or workshops.

I've searched and searched but can't seem to find much if any reviews of the FuRinKaZan traditional single bevels. Anyone here have any experience with their yanagi, usuba, deba, kiritsuke,etc...? I'm not interested in gyutos or other double bevel knives.

FYI I took a leap and already ordered a lefty 240mm Aoko#2 Mioroshi Deba in. Should be here in about another 8-10 weeks.

FuRinKaZan = Sukenari.
I have sukenari R2 270mm gyuto, blue 2 270mm k tip yanagi. They are good horse work knives.

I’m pretty sure the high alloy steel ones are (HAP40, ZDP189, YXR7) and the Aogami Super looks about right for Sukenari, though I haven’t handled one yet. Not sure about the single bevels though.

Can i know how much you buy?

any picture of knife can see?

Back