Blade Guards

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the felt lined blade guards that everyone sells (Carbon, CKTG, etc)? Looking for ones without a logo.

If you’re using reactive knives, I’d suggest cork lined guards over felt. I’ve had issues with felt lined ones and rusting/pitting, as have others. Have had only good experiences with cork and haven’t seen other people having problems either. If anyone’s had problems with cork, please report.

If you’re using reactive knives, I’d suggest cork lined guards over felt. I’ve had issues with felt lined ones and rusting/pitting, as have others. Have had only good experiences with cork and haven’t seen other people having problems either. If anyone’s had problems with cork, please report.

Yeah the felt can trap moisture up against the blade. Okay for moving from place to place, but not longer term storage.

Anyone know where I can get the felt lined blade guards that everyone sells (Carbon, CKTG, etc)? Looking for ones without a logo.

Geez, all mine have logos—Korin, CKC, etc. As a couple have mentioned, I too have had issues with felt lined on carbon knives, major rush issues. Now I just use felt lined for the few stainless knives I have.

I'm a big fan of the ShiHan cork lined ones. However, they can annoyingly loosen and lose their grip. I've had to tighten them by putting under a hot iron.

8A7A261F-1F0C-47C2-9ED0-018876AB6C89.jpg

Back