Burt Foster Jappalation Kitchen Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I get the newsletter that Burt Foster puts out for his knives.
The latest newsletter included these. Pretty wild looking knives.

I really like the looks of the profile of second from the top, but have to agree with chefcomesback, the handles look kinda awkward.

Be well,
Mikey

Blades are indeed beautiful, and I feel like if the handle wasn't quite as bulky it could be really comfortable.

I am sure this is nothing new, but a lot of the normal knife makers seem to be delving into the field of kitchen knives.
Many are extremely talented makers. Hopefully we will be seeing more stick with it and work out the little details necessary for a good kitchen knife.

Like the others, I'm not sure about the handles. I've got one of Burt's Dark side EDC knives, and he knows how to do thin. At least the handles don't turn down, which seems to be the usual hole folks fall into.

Burt is one of my favourite knife makers (nope, I of not have a knife from him yet) and even though he mostly does hunting knives (check out the integral knives - sublime!), here and there he does some kitchen knives too. I have just received a newsletter and this is what was inside (follow the link clicking on the image or here):

I would love to get some of those matched sets ... :knife:

I get the newsletter that Burt Foster puts out for his knives.
The latest newsletter included these. Pretty wild looking knives.

Ya I saw these the other day in the newsletter. The blades look great, and I like the woods, but I don't like the handles from a practical or aesthetic viewpoint.

Back