buttermilk supply out of business?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjcedeno

Reaction score
i just tried to get on their website and its down. Noticed they have a "scam" review on google reviews for their business as well. i was going to purchase a honesuki from them yesterday and decided to wait. good thing i did

Funny thing is that he posts some photographic stuff on IG regularly. He did not answer my question about knives some time back. But if he went out of knife business, why did not he take the website down?

Funny thing is that he posts some photographic stuff on IG regularly. He did not answer my question about knives some time back. But if he went out of knife business, why did not he take the website down?

Really "funny" thing is this is how he described himself in his introductory KKF post:

I am an extremely open and honest (sometimes to a fault) person. I don't believe in bullsh*t. If you ever have a question, concern, or something I can help you with, I will always be happy to hear from you.

Buyer beware I guess.

Really "funny" thing is this is how he described himself in his introductory KKF post:

I am an extremely open and honest (sometimes to a fault) person. I don't believe in bullsh*t. If you ever have a question, concern, or something I can help you with, I will always be happy to hear from you.

Buyer beware I guess.

Kind of like someone who tells you how smart he is...

Was a good crash course lesson for me with retailers :curse:

It really makes me wonder what went wrong though. Sam did not make the impression that he was trying to scam people when he started the business.

It really makes me wonder what went wrong though. Sam did not make the impression that he was trying to scam people when he started the business.

Messy Divorce from what I understand. I also think the "buttermilk" is owned by her.

I have four knives that I bought from Sam when he first opened. No problems of any kind. Perhaps he "bit off more than he could chew"?

My experience with Sam and a set of Forgies was very positive. I think I got mine back just as life was kicking him in the nuts. Hope he is able to put whatever happened behind him.

i HAD to look.

his website doesnt even sell anything. and it has his phone number. he is a photographer?

So is his ex-wife the scam artist here? That would be an interesting twist to the story.

no no no. She is a rather talented tattoo artist that I think coined the butter branding first with butterfat studio.

I purchased a t-shirt back when buttermilk was starting to become questionable to see if I should risk purchasing a knife. Somebody took my money, but I never received a shirt. Glad I only lost $20 instead of the $400+ I was ready to spend on a knife.

I purchased a t-shirt back when buttermilk was starting to become questionable to see if I should risk purchasing a knife. Somebody took my money, but I never received a shirt. Glad I only lost $20 instead of the $400+ I was ready to spend on a knife.

That is so unbelievable, it's a shirt......MAKE IT AND SHIP IT HOW HARD IS THAT

Back