Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i splurged on a nespresso machine. i like a good espresso with a good Illusione or Tatuaje cigar. Yeah, another expensive crazy hobby. at least you arent asking for the most expensive scotch to drink with them!

Mmmm...Illusione and Tatuaje, two of my favorite brands.

Jim, that last website you linked, AJ Coffee is fantastic, thanks again for sharing!

I hate smoking but i like coffee so i suggest you to quit smoking and drink coffee because coffee has some benefits but smoking is dangerous for health and causes diseases like cancer.

Personally- I like drinking cigars, but I hate smoking coffee.

Well, as a public health professional, I have to say the gentleman is right... But being a gourmet and a gourmand sometimes causes conflict of interests with PH recommendations for me also ;)

Stefan

I quit smoking ciagarettes 5 months ago and have decided to not even try a ciagr for at least another 7 months. Can I snort coffee grounds in the meantime?:biggrin:

Several thumbs up for stopping smoking - that can be very hard and a real accomplishment. And I would rather bathe in Kona coffe than snort it. :)

Stefan

IIR they are selling the Kona Cherry skins now for cosmetic and dietary use. When I win the lotto I'm buying 5 acres in the Kona district!

Dave

I used the e-cigarettes, so some, perhaps a pulbic health pro like you included, would say that I cheated.:razz: BUT, the fact remains that I have not had a single cigarette since early July and with the e-cigs, my nicotine consumption dropped significantly from day one.
Several thumbs up for stopping smoking - that can be very hard and a real accomplishment. And I would rather bathe in Kona coffe than snort it. :)

Stefan

I quit smoking cigarettes three years ago but I do still enjoy cigars. The two are very different from each other, with cigars being full a flavor and complexity (similar to well executed food) and cigarettes being boring, one dimensional lung killers. Long story short, let's not turn this thread into an anti smoking campaign, this thread was started for those who enjoy a great cup of coffee and a fine cigar, or anywhere in between.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, I have a Cohiba Siglo VI that has been aging for a couple of years AND the HUGE A sized Opus X cigar (9+ x 47) that has been aging for a LONG time (one from the first batch that Fuente released whenever that was in the late 90's) waiting in the humidor for me when I get off of ciggy probation.:biggrin:
I quit smoking cigarettes three years ago but I do still enjoy cigars. The two are very different from each other, with cigars being full a flavor and complexity (similar to well executed food) and cigarettes being boring, one dimensional lung killers. Long story short, let's not turn this thread into an anti smoking campaign, this thread was started for those who enjoy a great cup of coffee and a fine cigar, or anywhere in between.

Regards,

Pete

*******, I envy you on that day that you get to enjoy one of those beautiful cigars!

I am enjoying an El Triunfador Robusto with a cup of cheap and bland Target coffee. I just got back from the cigar shop and picked up a couple of Quesada Oktoberfest Kurz's, a Quesada Daga Salamon, a L'At 52 and finally Four Kicks Mule Kick EL.

Late night cigar (Fuente Don Carlos #4) and my new Palio cigar lighter, paired up with a Goose Island Bourbon County '12.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love coffee and a cigar. I buy dunkin donuts beans and grind fresh daily. If i get a chance to enjoy a cigar with it, usually a Montecristo #2, a Hoyo de Nicaragua, or a Padron 1926 anniversario. I have some Romeo y Julietta i have been aging for the last 10 years or so i am kind of anxious to try.

Either of the Padron anniversary lines are VERY nice. They are right up there with the upper end Fuentes like Opus, Don Carlos, etc, and early Dominican Davidoffs as far as the consistently best non-Cuban smokes that I have tried.

panaceawhite.jpg

I picked up a box of these cigars on a whim and I must say I have been pleasantly surprised.

Nothing like sitting in Placa del Pi in oldtown Barcelona, enjoying a morning cafe con leche and a nice creamy Montecristo #4 while watching the pretty ladies walk by.

kurzl.jpg

I've been reading about the brand Quesada ever since I dived back into cigars and this was my first. I have to say that this is right on par with the Illusione 68 if not a little better. Rock solid medium to full-bodied smoke with lots of rich flavors, no bitterness or harshness.

Had an aging room m356 for Christmas pretty nice smoke

I will check one of those out when I get the chance Pumbaa, thanks for sharing.

P.S. This is what my awesome wife gave me for Christmas.

53282416.jpg

What Opus X is that in the box? That things a beast!

What Opus X is that in the box? That things a beast!
That one is the "A" size 9x47. It also happens to be from the first year they released the Opus X line back in the 90's so it should be ready by now. :-D

Actually, I think that it is over 9 1/2 long because the Padron next to it is supposed to be the same type, but it is a little under 9.

Thanks. That Opus X A was made in 1992 because they aged them for 2 years in their humidors and didn't actually release the line for sale for the first time until 1994. So it has been aging for 20 years. You can see in the picture how much more red the wrapper is that the newer Opus double corona. I don't remember what it cost back then. There was a limit of two per customer where I found them (a mall store of all places) so i bought one for myself and one for my dad. The funny part is that I have consumed two Montecristo A's and one of the other Cuban giants in that time period because we were going places like London, Paris, Mexico and Cuba where you could find them. These things were harder to get! I just found them retailing for $37 per stick on line and a limit of one per customer per order.
That's one hell of a lineup *******!

Latest posts

Back