Cutting boards in Europe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gormo

Reaction score
Hello !

I'm on the market for a board that I could bring to work as the ones we use are really bad for my knives (you know the poly ones...).
For some reason I can't seem to find anything interesting here in France/Europe. I'm looking for a sani-tuff or something else you might suggest.

Thanks

Also, Epicurean boards seem to be not that uncommonly available, if you are in for something dishwasher proof (I'd say they are OK for normal knives. Don't take a single bevel to it.)

http://sushi-robots.eu/
This is the only one I could find so far in the EU. But expensive as hell. Sells a variety of Hasegawa stuff that looks really nice, but is incredibly expensive...

Since everyone is throwing out end-grain suggestions I'll also throw out my usual 'cheap end grain suggestion': the beech wood boards sold under the brand name Butler. I've used one for about 5 years now and it still looks good as new. The only caveat is that it tends to come pretty dry (which is also what causes some negative reviews complaining about bending). So if you buy one make sure you have a few bottles of cheap Ikea mineral oil at hand. I needed more than 1 0.5l bottle to saturate it. But at the price point they can't be beat.
But probably not as useful for what you're looking for; I suppose it has to be portable?

When I looked 6 or so years ago I ended up ordering from The Boardsmith in the states.

Even with tax and shipping is was very reasonable prices.

It seem from this thread that there are more european options now.

Lars

Thank you for all your answers.

The end grain stuff is looking good for my home, I'll probably get one soon.

As for the rubber boards I checked the hasegawa, they look good and spacious but on the pricey side indeed.

Just want to bump this thread since I finally found Hasegawa boards in EU for reasonable price. Been long search.

https://www.whetstone.fi/category/25/hasegawa

Should ship to most places in EU.

Yep, the hiomakivi.fi and whetstone.fi websites are one and the same. Hiomakivi == whetstone in Finnish. Obviously, if you visit the first site the localization is in Finnish language, and the second site in English.

Are the dimensions listed anywhere?

They are listed under the "Additional Information" section.

I have Hasegawa 500mm x 300mm x 20mm & Asahi 500mm x 330mm x 15mm.

I felt that those sizes are the most useful, but I am open to suggestions on sizes?

Back