Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xerxes:

43942079qn.jpeg

43942080fp.jpeg

Can we post what we don't have in hand yet??

Tetsujin Metal Flow Blue #2 Gyuto 240mm, Dyed Maple Burl Hybrid Custom Wa Handle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-224633_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-224633_Chrome.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220708-224648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-224648_Chrome.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 0
Reprofiled the edge to flatten it out, thinned and polished it back up, finishing on my Uchi. The wrought is extremely reactive and changes color just after washing with soap and water. This guy definitely needs a patina to calm it down.
3.jpg

Update:
Turns out it was just hungry. Fed it a whole pork shoulder. Minced the whole thing and marinaded the blade in it. Cheat code forced patina!
4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Well, let's see if we can't get this going.

Doesn't have to be a kitchen knife. Pocket, hunting, kitchen, gardening, whatever, post 'em up!

Of course you don't have to post every day. Just when you think about it or feel like it, toss a pic in this thread.

Post one pic or ten! Post the same knife over and over if you have a favorite.

It would be great if you described the knife so others know what it is.

Basically, let's see them knives. :)

I'll start with a my Suncraft Senzo Black Bunka that I have been slowly working on. Today I did some spine and choil refining.

8wZXaFn.jpg
Very nice HumboldtHomeCook. Is that Humbolt County, CA?

Well, let's see if we can't get this going.

Doesn't have to be a kitchen knife. Pocket, hunting, kitchen, gardening, whatever, post 'em up!

Of course you don't have to post every day. Just when you think about it or feel like it, toss a pic in this thread.

Post one pic or ten! Post the same knife over and over if you have a favorite.

It would be great if you described the knife so others know what it is.

Basically, let's see them knives. :)

I'll start with a my Suncraft Senzo Black Bunka that I have been slowly working on. Today I did some spine and choil refining.

8wZXaFn.jpg
Very nice HumboldtHomeCook. Is that Humbolt County, CA?

My current knife family before some purchases arrive.

Hitohira Futana S3 Nashiji Santoku 170mm - my first Japanese knife and a gift from a friend. Gets a lot of use.

Hitohira Imojiya MZ Chromax Santoku 165mm - received these at an Ai & Om sharpening class and need to continue to work on my sharpening with it.

Yoshikane SKD gyuto 210mm - very thin behind the edge and sharp ootb. The mouth feel on vegetables cut with this is amazing. A little worried about chipping it though.

Tsunehisa AS Sakura Nakiri 165mm - need to work on rounding the spine and choil on this one but I like the blade weight of the Nakiri.

Cheap paring and bread knife.

Attachments

• PXL_20220715_195530390.jpg
    PXL_20220715_195530390.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
Back