Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauty from @Will Newham in 52100. The tip is SICK!!!

46323646gt.jpeg

46323647ds.jpeg

Last edited:
The arrival of this Shig marks my acquisitons for the year drawing to a close (unless you have a wrought Milan - call me 🤙)

I’m not in love with the handle and it’s one of those right hand ones when I’m a lefty, so lucky I have a few spare handles to choose from.

In weight order we have Cherry, Wenge, Ziricote, or Ebony. I’m leaning Ziricote or Cherry but welcome other opinions!

The arrival of this Shig marks my acquisitons for the year drawing to a close (unless you have a wrought Milan - call me 🤙)

I’m not in love with the handle and it’s one of those right hand ones when I’m a lefty, so lucky I have a few spare handles to choose from.

In weight order we have Cherry, Wenge, Ziricote, or Ebony. I’m leaning Ziricote or Cherry but welcome other opinions!

Ziricote looks beautiful!

All these look fantastic TBH. Nice stash. I would choose the one that balances the knife best for your taste. The Ziricote looks a bit larger than the others? So there’s that as well I guess.

The Cherry 🍒 one looks nice. Let me know if you decide to sell it. I’m always looking for lightweight handles that are nicer than Ho wood.

Last edited:

That cherry looks so classic

Ebony all the way. The marbling in that Buffalo horn is stunning ❤️

But it’s only September, you’ll definitely need more knives before the end of the year

100% Ziricote. God it’s got to be one of the sexiest dark woods in existence.

Also you’re in the UK right? I’ll take the cherry handle off your hands if you’d like as I have operational and preferable right hand?

The Cherry 🍒 one looks nice. Let me know if you decide to sell it.
I picked these up from @mth711 but I believe the cherry one is originally from @JoBone if you want to throw a commission his way.

But it’s only September, you’ll definitely need more knives before the end of the year
yeah, these handles look so lonely…
I didn’t know the devil’s on my shoulder had accounts on here…

100% Ziricote. God it’s got to be one of the sexiest dark woods in existence.
I am very partial to a burled rosewood too as well as tagayasan, but agreed. If this one had a darker jade green ferrule I think it would win hands down, but want more subtlety for this blade.

I picked these up from @mth711 but I believe the cherry one is originally from @JoBone if you want to throw a commission his way.

I didn’t know the devil’s on my shoulder had accounts on here…

I am very partial to a burled rosewood too as well as tagayasan, but agreed. If this one had a darker jade green ferrule I think it would win hands down, but want more subtlety for this blade.
Thanks, I was going to ask who made the handle.

Tagayasan (wenge) is one of my favorite woods as well, specially when finished around 120-180 grit (learned that from @tostadas). That way it feels somewhat similar to burnt chestnut, quite grippy but a bit more refined.

Back