Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And heres the Kip WP that’s been doing awesome at work as well. Not very reactive which has been nice. Like always, grind is phenomenal. Pure performance and comfort on this one.
IMG_3182.jpeg
IMG_3183.jpeg

S. Tanaka 190mm Tekka Gyuto Blue #2

Finally, after a long month, got my gyuto back from Mr. Tanaka who replaced the original D shaped magnolia handle with a slightly longer and heavier octagonal walnut with black pakkawood ferrule. Now the balance point is perfect for me, just about on the last kanji.

It's cool to have been able to send the knife back to the original maker for this upgrade/repair. Looks like he also sharpened it and rounded the choil and spine which was a bit rougher before.

Here it is with the old handle and again with my small collection.

PXL_20231026_044801156.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20231026_044948963.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Did a family portrait this morning of some of my 240s—parameters were, keeping number to six, Japanese made, with blade edges measuring 240mm or longer. The 240s that made the cut are mostly carbon, except for the Sumiiro, and stainless clad on the denka.

E35D7273-D78E-4CD7-A1E1-20375C118C2E.JPG

View attachment 278173

This marko a2 has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. As I expected, however, this is one of the thinner grinds I’ve used of his. Initially it threw me off but after a few sessions it’s incredibly easy to use and flies through veg prep.
Marko's A2 is one of my favourite steels ever. Is this a WH or regular / convex version? 240?

Back