Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after the purchasing spree, here is the current state of the collection (Right before a couple get shipped on monday).
View attachment 323732View attachment 323733

From Left to Right: TF 135mm Shirogami 1 petty from JCK - Shihan 125mm A2 k-tip petty - Birgersson 181mm stainless clad bunka - Birgersson 223mm gyuto - Yanick 225mm 11-layer vintage iron/15n20/135cr3 gyuto - Raquin 230mm 125sc xc10 clad gyuto - Kippington 240mm 52100 Laser Pony - Shiro Kamo 245mm stainless clad Aogami Super ktip gyuto - Eddworks 225mm 52100 gyuto - Knot.Handcrafted 180mm AEB-L bunka - Seki VG10 nakiri - MSicard 135 mm AEB-L Petty
Great lineup! Nice variety of bang-for-buck western and jknives plus a couple grail pieces. What's staying and what's on its way out?

Nice rack! I have a rack like that too. However, I attached the magnets so that the blades do not touch the wood. The tannic acid in the wood can cause reactions with the steel. Better safe than sorry. The rubber from the magnets left unsightly stains on the blade. They could be removed, but it was a little annoying. By covering the magnets with cork I no longer have this problem. I also once had a small chip on a knife because I hit a wooden stick over it, so I covered the sticks with shrink tubing.

Nice work!View attachment 322167View attachment 322168View attachment 322169View attachment 322170

That blade spacer is an inspired touch.

Great lineup! Nice variety of bang-for-buck western and jknives plus a couple grail pieces. What's staying and what's on its way out?
The Kipp and the small Birgersson are leaving. Kipp because I'll get a smaller down the road. And Birgersson as it's redundant 😁

Nice rack! I have a rack like that too. However, I attached the magnets so that the blades do not touch the wood. The tannic acid in the wood can cause reactions with the steel. Better safe than sorry. The rubber from the magnets left unsightly stains on the blade. They could be removed, but it was a little annoying. By covering the magnets with cork I no longer have this problem. I also once had a small chip on a knife because I hit a wooden stick over it, so I covered the sticks with shrink tubing.

Nice work!View attachment 322167View attachment 322168View attachment 322169View attachment 322170
Looking at your knives it makes me think you have a type… lol

IMG_0218.jpeg

View attachment 322307View attachment 322306
I bought this Kamon from @marc4pt0 Some time ago. Back then I used it daily until an acquaintance Mufasa'd it from a table. I went abroad and left it with my brother and some time passed before I could obtain it again, (sort of) repair the snapped tip and get it back to board. Picture of the new k tip and some blues
The k-tip profile actually looks pretty badass.

Ended up using The Okubo again for the sweet potato, the Christian Dam for Peppers, Isasmedjan Jonas for carrots and onions and the Yoshimitsu Kajiya Nakiri-bocho for the cooked bacon. Too many hours chopping and cooking so only a few pics and after dinner leftovers. No pic of the peas and rice already put it in the fridge and my belly.
IMG_1506.jpeg
IMG_1507.jpeg
IMG_1508.jpeg
IMG_1509.jpeg

Tested out the new JNS wakui with tall machi yesterday. I was afraid the machi would feel way too big, but fortunately it fit really comfortably into my grip. I'll give it another go later this week for a bigger prep to see how it tackles other variety of stuff.
PXL_20240528_004324962.jpg

Back