Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh show more pics. You know that WH you showed me pushed me into the western maker rabbit hole..... Good times.
I got you…
77213549-4E2F-401B-983E-621F605E9445.jpeg
79CB24FD-6F61-4EFD-B63A-453A6544AA90.jpeg
4DA35ADF-5493-486A-8830-3DA1A02B703E.jpeg
FAB6D6A6-FBF2-4619-A24D-CD8C99DF194A.jpeg

I'm a little afraid that one of these days my girlfriend is going to walk in on me silently ogling this knife, moving it back and forth in the light to reveal the different layers of steels, like facets in a gem. It's that day, I'm fairly confident, she'll forbid me from buying any more knives... or have me committed... It's a toss up.
XerxesDetail-01287.JPG

Last edited:
I'm a little afraid that one of these days my girlfriend is going to walk in on me silently ogling this knife, moving it back and forth in the light to reveal the different layers of steels, like facets in a gem. It's that day, I'm fairly confident, she'll forbid me from buying any more knifes... or have me committed... It's a toss up.
View attachment 220674
She's gonna slap you for the lust in your eyes. Sin is in the heart, not the action.

I'm a little afraid that one of these days my girlfriend is going to walk in on me silently ogling this knife, moving it back and forth in the light to reveal the different layers of steels, like facets in a gem. It's that day, I'm fairly confident, she'll forbid me from buying any more knives... or have me committed... It's a toss up.
View attachment 220674
Now I know who bought it!!! You have a very good taste in knives, my friend!

PXL_20230121_213148457.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230121_212513186.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230121_213301205.jpg

Was able to snag a manix 2 from the Spyderco/BBB sprint run of CPM 15v knives. It's very nice, came with an excellent edge from the factory and the build quality is quite high.

Looking forward to seeing how the steel wears and works in everyday use. So far my impression is that I would very much like a kitchen knife in this material.

Last edited:
I’m feelin lusty for that maz b2, how do you like it?
So good. I will admit I didnt have the highest expectations, since the only Maz I've had was my knifewear KU W#2 from a few years back, which was chonky and had rough F&F. The overall package on this one is greatly improved. Polished in all the right places, and the blade road is a super sweet convex up to the shinogi on both sides, with a significant hollow on the upper part of the blade, which provides excellent food release. Also the profile is nearly perfect for me, as I've not been a fan of the recent super-flat triangles he's been putting out recently. This one has generous belly, similar to what I remember. It feels like a workhorse, but no wedging I noticed at least through that one onion. The keyaki handle is also surprisingly good, having some additional refinement around the front and back edges. Even after the side-by side with the TF and myojin, I am still impressed.

View attachment 220674
Hnngg, this knife makes me sweaty 🥵 this is my “one that got away”

Back