Danny Owen AKA Zwiefel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
Danny Owen passed away in his sleep last night. ...I was asked to get it out here...

I texted Karring for some help as i don't post much anymore. ..

I texted Karring for some help as i don't post much anymore. ..

I was just in the middle of posting something, but I have to say that I am in a bit of shock right now. For those who have had the opportunity to meet Danny, he's an amazing, interesting, and passionate person when it comes to knives, cooking, Libertarian politics, tech stuff and so much more. I feel blessed to have met him on more than one occasion, and even more honored that he flew all the way up north last year to hang with a bunch of knife knuts in Minneapolis.

I will miss him. We lost a valued member of this forum, mod, and wonderful person. Good-bye Danny.

Karring

likewise... i really enjoyed meeting him when he came out to visit us... really nice guy. So sad to hear... especially as he was still pretty young. He will truly be missed.

Rest in peace brother. So sad, just don't know how to feel right now.

Holy.... I'm shocked and have been in touch with Danny for a few years now. He was a very generous and interesting guy who loved his cooking, reading and to discuss things. I'd known he was in hospital recently and I sent him my best but I didn't want to bother him for the moment and left if at that, thinking I'd hear more from him soon. Very sad and will miss him

This just literally took the wind from me. Though I've never had the pleasure to meet him in person, I've always enjoyed him as a fellow forum member.
I'm more than surprised by this, and saddened as well.

Rest in peace, Danny.

I feel lucky that I had the chance to get to know Danny. He was a really fun person and had a truly passionate interest in so many areas. A really fun and open guy. This is difficult and very sad news. My thoughts are with his family. He will be missed.

I also never met Danny in person, but am taken aback by his passing. I missed his posts recently and now am very sad that his absence will be permanent.

Very sad news. I'm speechless.
Rest in peace.

Wow, that is a shock. I messaged quite a bit with him over the past few months and thought he was on his way of recovery from his health issues last week. Don't know what to say. 43 is not an age to pass away. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Stefan

Rest in peace Danny. I never met or conversed directly with ZD but enjoyed his numerous contributions to this community over the years.

It was only just the other day that I had been thinking of him, wishing him the best on his recovery :(

I had the utmost honor of getting to know him at Karring's place last year. I'm a pretty reserved person in group settings, but he is such a character that you just automatically let loose around him. I will always remember him ziplining shirtless in -30°. Carry on strong, Danny, and rest in peace.

What news to wake up to. Shocking because Danny was doing his Mod thing here yesterday.
A terrible loss to us all and my sympathies go out to his family.
I'll be having a strong conversation with the Almighty regarding this.

I....am......shocked...and saddened by this news.

I met Danny in person only once yet he impressed me enough that I asked for his help/service to moderate this forum. Just like anything else he did he jumped right in and took up the challenge and became an instant asset to the community. Man this is such a loss. :(

RIP Danny
profilepic1780_4.gif

Stunned. Danny was a good guy. I'm at a loss .

As much as I have never conversed directly with Danny, this news is shocking to learn. I have read many of his posts on KKF, usually stumbling upon them when researching certain subjects of interest; in that sense I felt he had a great presence on these boards.

Rest in piece, and thoughts to his family and friends.

Don't know what to say, so unexpected as he was posting within the last week. I really enjoyed his threads and culinary adventures he shared with us. I remember him talking about making sauerkraut in the spring, now sadly he won't have that opportunity.

RIP Danny

Christ, this is awful. He was such a generous, thoughtful guy. He did more for this forum than most realize. We were buddies on FB and he only posted positive insightful things, always had something funny and thought provoking to say. Man this has been a bad couple weeks for losing truly great people. I hope Danny is teaching Bowie and Lemmy how to cut things on that crazy starship thing that Bowie built. Cheers Danny, I'll miss you buddy.

Back