difference between konosuke FM fujiyama B1gyuto and Y tanaka B1 damascus?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim huang

Reaction score
what I found is that both knives are forged by Yoshikazu Tanaka and sharpened by Myojin Naohito. What is the difference between them? like the name "幸之佑“ ? or the grind is slightly different performance-wise? I did find a Y Tanaka B1 Damascus which has approximately the same price range as the FM fuji.....and the dealer I know told me that he will be happy to keep one B1 damascus for me. As for FM fuji....yeah to buy a FM fuji you have to stake awake until 1:30 in Aus so you can place the order really fast, otherwise, It would be sold out in seconds...

The FM has a much nicer grind but the damascus version looks nicer and, like you already said, is easier to get. I'm comparing the FM with the Sentan..
them looks like i need to take a shot....

Sakai kikumori has the dama one as well, it's very nice, maybe slightly more laserish than the FM
So I’m after a Y Tanaka knife ..!! I have bin looking and looking..!! Reading and reading about everything that I can find out..!! After days and weeks of reading about Y Tanaka blades .. I’m leaning toward the FM or Dama series…!! I really love the Hitorahoi series also ..!
I work in Michelin star kitchens my whole life.. so performance is everything to me ..! I’m a chef 30 years now. I can say this ..!! I’m definitely a laser knife kind of guy ..!! I love my Toghishi white 1 steel 240mm ..!
So my question is this ..??

WHAT KNIFE OR KNIVES SHOULD I BE GOING AFTER? What one in your expert opinion is best ??

I’m grateful for anything that anyone can help me with????

So I’m after a Y Tanaka knife ..!! I have bin looking and looking..!! Reading and reading about everything that I can find out..!! After days and weeks of reading about Y Tanaka blades .. I’m leaning toward the FM or Dama series…!! I really love the Hitorahoi series also ..!
I work in Michelin star kitchens my whole life.. so performance is everything to me ..! I’m a chef 30 years now. I can say this ..!! I’m definitely a laser knife kind of guy ..!! I love my Toghishi white 1 steel 240mm ..!

WHAT KNIFE OR KNIVES SHOULD I BE GOING AFTER? What one in your expert opinion is best ??

Laser, Tanaka, pro… a Blue 1 ground by Takada/Yohei.

Apart from Yohei/Takada I'd consider a Migoto grounded by Nomura, one of the best knife I've had, they are hard to find but so are FMs and Takadas. On the other end, Hado stainless cladded White 1 is also very good, and the Sakai Kikumori Yugiri series, these are easier to find but by no meanings less performing, just less famous.
https://miuraknives.com/japanese-kn...71-japanese-knife-hado-oul.html#/36-size-24cm

Has anyone handled a Tanaka Kagekiyo B1 vs Konosuke Fujiyama ?

Might want to start your own thread with the questionnaire so you don’t derail OP’s thread and also get more visibility.

Latest posts

Back