• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn First Honyaki Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello folks,
After trying over 25 knives in the last 3 years I felt like digging deeper in the rabbit hole.
Next week I‘m turning 25, so what is a better present for myself than a Honyaki Gyuto.
Budget ~1500$
Measurements should be:
+225mm length
+50mm height
+230g

For the first Honyaki please a japanese with no western handle.

Haven‘t tried Shirogami 3 so don‘t know how good or bad it performs.
Preferred with Mount Fuji but I consider every nice hamon.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Only honyaki I have listed right now is the isasmedjan blue 2. But I think it's one of the finest honyakis around regardless of price. The hamon is nuts for a blue 2. Will make a super great cutter.

Another great option is to contact Evan at Strata. He’s been super helpful for a bunch of us in procuring special orders, and aside impeccable service, speedy results. If you’re looking to Goldilocks it, you may as well get exactly what you want.

I don't know if you belong to the "Japanese Made Knives: Cutlery and Conversation" Facebook group but on also on instagram @knifedxb has some honyaki for sale. I have bought 4 knives from Bons and he is awesome. You can DM him about what he has in stock. I wish I could afford the ones he offered to me but alas no money at the moment :(

I don't know if you belong to the "Japanese Made Knives: Cutlery and Conversation" Facebook group but on also on instagram @knifedxb has some honyaki for sale. I have bought 4 knives from Bons and he is awesome. You can DM him about what he has in stock. I wish I could afford the ones he offered to me but alas no money at the moment :(
Will check that, last time we wrote he had only 47mm heel height ones.

Back