Funny to Us (not them) | Comments Your Partner Makes about Your "Hobby"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How it started: "You buying a knife that costs more than a 100 bucks is absolutely ridiculous."
How it's going: "If you buy me a knife, it has to have one of those Japanese wooden handles. It can't look too mundane."

How it started: "You buying a knife that costs more than a 100 bucks is absolutely ridiculous."

How it's going: "If you buy me a knife, it has to have one of those Japanese wooden handles. It can't look too mundane."

Either she's a great partner or you did a good job of teaching her and getting her to use and thus appreciate fine cutlery.

Either way, great work!

Me: Babe i just wanted to say i love you
Her: what did you order?
Me: it was an accident.
Her: i know, you slipped and fell and in that time you put it in your basket, filled out the address and paid with PayPal.

She knows me too well and how accident prone I am. But good thing she actually doesn't care what I buy since we have a roof over our head, food on the table for our girls and they have clothes on their back (and spoiled rotten).

Last edited:
SLF (special lady friend): "How many knives do you need babe?"
(Gazing with a rye grin of playful 'gotcha.')

Me: (pauses 4 beats)
"Ok, ok I'll bite.

How many pairs of shoes do you need?

Or purses?"

(The room instantly fell silent as she turned a small guilty smile away from my direction.)

And in THAT moment:

Balance was simultaneously restored to the knife, shoe, and purse loving universes...

Last edited:
Her: I think you need a hobby besides fishing.
Me: I do, kitchen knives.
Her: How is that a hobby?
Me: [start to list off how it's a hobby, she interrupts after about ten seconds right after I mentioned something about smoothing spines and choils]
Her: I didn't actually want to know.

Then she and our eight year old son, who was sitting right there, agreed amongst themselves that I should take up running.

Guys, I am in laughing tears since I started reading this thread. I think, I will keep laughing when I go out and ppl would think I am nuts.
SO FUNNY! Keep on.
@ch_br This thread can be turned into an annual competition with selection of the 3 best phrases of the year. Thnk about it.

I like the idea..

BUT

TBH that would be too much scrolling for a whole year..

I mean a metric sh*+ton!

Annnnnnnd making a spreadsheet and tracking positional risers and fallers is reserved for work.

I prefer to sit back have fun

and

🤣🤪😅😅😆😂🤣🤣

like everyone else..

SLF (special lady friend): "How many knives do you need babe?"
(Gazing with a rye grin of playful 'gotcha.')

Me: (pauses 4 beats)
"Ok, ok I'll bite.

How many pairs of shoes do you need?

Or purses?"

(The room instantly fell silent as she turned a small guilty smile away from my direction.)

And in THAT moment:

Balance was restored to both the knife, shoe, and purse loving universes...
Do let her know the shoes and purses don’t cook the food she eats. If you’re brave 😬😬. We’re talking about tools to help us live here guys.

Do let her know the shoes and purses don’t cook the food she eats. If you’re brave 😬😬. We’re talking about tools to help us live here guys.

Food is LIFE.

So that cannot be argued, since I Cook a lot.

Its all good, she understands now..

More fruitful than going to the bar 😄

Reactions: Pie
Me- “You remember a couple of weeks ago that I became smitten with this knife that I saw in a store ?

She- ”Sure”

Me- “Found it elsewhere on sale, amazing savings with gift card I have.”

She- “Why don’t you get it?”

Me- (insert sotto voce maniacal giggle here)

Got this one from one of my kids:
Me: I wear this shirt with holes because I’ve spent all my money on clothes for you.
Him: No, you spent all your money on knives.
Me: They all do different things.
Him: No they don’t. This one cuts and this one cuts and this one cuts and this one cuts (repeat x10)

I have failed as a parent.

Got this one from one of my kids:
Me: I wear this shirt with holes because I’ve spent all my money on clothes for you.
Him: No, you spent all your money on knives.
Me: They all do different things.
Him: No they don’t. This one cuts and this one cuts and this one cuts and this one cuts (repeat x10)

I have failed as a parent.
No you didn't.
Your son's got a sense for logical thinking. But kids get delivered in different editions. You don't get to choose, just make the best of what you've got.

Use this carbon K Sabatier to cut frozen fruit for smoothies not your Takamura stainless.

Don't cut frozen with fingers on the food knife might slip & cut you just two hand chop it with the K Sab.

10 min after we walk in the door from a 10hr travel time to Milwaukee

SLF:
(special lady friend): "We're here for 2 weeks and you have 6 knife related packages waiting for you, are you serious?"

Me: "Yes honey, remember the special heirloom gift set I got the godfather and fam? Well they also needed a cutting board like ours. Annnnd they MUST have a stone to maintain the the blades.

Plus I got something from Sweden for me...

Oh, and I'm borrowing the car in the morning to pick up a natural finishing stone in person tomorrow. We need to make sure or gift is RAZOR sharp!"

SLF: "I get it, you love knives and want to share the joy with the family."

Me: "Babe, did I ever tell you that you complete me!"

She smiles and gives me a huge hug. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
A few hours later than previous quote as she admires the petty in the set, with a playful tone:

SLF:
(special lady friend): "So where is this little guy gonna call home?"

20221222_083936.jpg

Latest posts

Back