FYI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Robb Report reports on the high end luxury stuff. They should have listed Bob Kramer originals instead of those brands. Maybe they were paid to list those brands as an infomercial.

shun premier carbon??
dalstrong shogun carbon??

are these people retarded?

Great list for people who wear true religion, micheal kor watches and drink 4lokos!

Maybe they were paid to list those brands as an infomercial.
That's a VERY standard business practice with this sort of thing.

"Native advertising"

If you look at Forbes these days, that's basically the business model that keeps them alive.

I don't see what the issue is with their knife recommendations. They are perfect knives to buy for one's personal chef to use.

That's a VERY standard business practice with this sort of thing.

"Native advertising"

If you look at Forbes these days, that's basically the business model that keeps them alive.

Yeah, that is very likely. I'm not sure why they went through the effort of explaining was carbon steel knives are and then list only stainless steel knives though.

"If you’ve heard of carbon steel knives, chances are you know that they require more upkeep than their stainless-steel counterparts. That’s because you’ll need to treat a carbon steel blade with mineral oil so that it doesn’t rust, and sharpen it using a whetstone in order to really get the most out of it. But there’s a reason for this. A carbon steel knife’s sharpness is unparalleled, meaning that each slice requires less effort and is more precise than ever before. It’s a tradeoff, of course, but one any seasoned chef will gladly take."

Literally every single knife in that list is not carbon, how badly could you fail

Last edited:
Every culinary graduate I’ve hired in the last couple years has had that shun santoku in their roll. Must be the best

Ever since culinary school, I keep running into fools bragging about how sharp their knife is and its always a dull shun or miyabi 😂

Ever since culinary school, I keep running into fools bragging about how sharp their knife is and its always a dull shun or miyabi 😂

When I was less informed, I got a miyani too - I loved it! It was good for a month - but now I prefer Mazaki, and I paid less for the Mazaki 240 Gyuto KU - under 300. But when you don’t know much, expensive is misunderstood as good

Robb report is a salesman - these knives sponsor the article by paying for it. RR has a rich clientele who believe this crap

When I was less informed, I got a miyani too - I loved it! It was good for a month - but now I prefer Mazaki, and I paid less for the Mazaki 240 Gyuto KU - under 300. But when you don’t know much, expensive is misunderstood as good

Cant deny I wasnt impressed and drawn to them flashy knives when I didnt know any better. If properly maintained, Im sure they're decent. But now I find them to be so gaudy, ugly and cheap looking.

I have some family that buys stuff like this. The big takeaway is that if they're buying chefs knives based on this, they're also buying so so many other things too of the same quality

Ooops, dont't tell her about her relatives, maybe you can re-educate her ;-)
I used to be married to such a relative, quantitity over quality...does not work for me, which showed, just took me a long time to realize it :oops:

Ooops, dont't tell her about her relatives, maybe you can re-educate her ;-)
I used to be married to such a relative, quantitity over quality...does not work for me, which showed, just took me a long time to realize it :oops:
👍 right on, you got there

Back