FYI

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really though, if I walked into someone’s house and they had dalstrong knives that were reasonably sharp, I would be pleased. Everyone has seen and handled a dozen 6 inch bolstered stainless Walmart knives. I gotta respect someone who at least bought a different amazon set they thought was nice.

really though, if I walked into someone’s house and they had dalstrong knives that were reasonably sharp, I would be pleased. Everyone has seen and handled a dozen 6 inch bolstered stainless Walmart knives. I gotta respect someone who at least bought a different amazon set they thought was nice.

would your sentiments be any different if they were 6 CM knives?

So it’s not fake news, but maybe “fake info”

I was aiming more at the phenomenon causing a vendor to put forward those as carbon steels... the fake advertising becoming reality is of course the claim of each of the companies to have "high carbon" stainless steel. There you have the advertising through misinformation (not saying all decent stainless is "high carbon", and this relatively speaking of course) causing some dumbass vendor to think that those "carbon" steel knives he hears about now that they' re becoming stronger in popularity than ever since a long time, is the same thing than those high carbon stainless...

Meaning I'm sure he meant no harm - he simply took the replacing reality for reality.

Most knives have carbon in them except like Talonite and ceramic blades IIRC. Typical BS article just to hype certain knives!

Johnny, you still in CT?

I was at a custom knife show some years ago with a table across from the sales rep from this magazine. For three days knifemakers came by her table explaining why she should make them famous (like Kramer)!! None wanted to spend a dime in advertising but none also understood that was what the magazine needed to survive. End of the weekend, zero ink for the show and its makers.

None wanted to spend a dime in advertising but none also understood that was what the magazine needed to survive.
I have to say, as a former member of the media, the media did an AWESOME job of ensuring its own destruction via its early use of the internet.

Back