Good Tea Sources?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they know their (Duck) Sh1t there! :)
I'll usually go 50/50--and get some teas I know and some way out there stuff. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Lol, I think I got some of the last of that! I tend to get the stuff with cool names, Golden Monkey and Iron Buddha and such, haven’t gone wrong yet.

For New Yorkers I encourage folks to check out 29B Teahouse in the village. Relatively new spot, had a guy come in to my office and perform a bastardized tea ceremony. Extremely high quality macha, and it's open late if you want a late night caffeine buzz.

My mom gave me a container of loose leaf tea. It’s “Bo Nay”

My mom said it’s from a tea grove that generates an exclusive and expensive product. Someone clipped trimming and grew new plants. This tea is from the offspring plant.

The tea is profound. Rich, deep, floral and super perfume to the nose.

Yunnan sourcing for anything Chinese. I honestly don't know why it doesn't get more attention, but o-cha.com is basically the only place I'll get Japanese green tea from.

Specific recommendations include...

Miyabi - for a very deep, brothy tea. Almost like liquid seaweed.

Ujibashi San no Ma - for a very light, grassy tea. It reminds me of a Bright Virginia tobacco if any of y'all are pipe smokers.

Kettle-wise I can only recommend the OXO Gooseneck Electric Kettle. Adjustable by individual degrees from 115-212 F, and the gooseneck allows for some quick but really accurate pouring if you're the type of person who likes to weigh everything out to the 0.x gram.

Back