Guess that choil!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, one more. It‘s getting late here and it’s Sunday, so forgive me if I toss this in without the usual megalomaniac gobshitery

It’s not too distinctive, but I suspect many of you will have one from this maker in your kit. One of my very first J-Knives - 15 years old or so, and still in pretty much original nick, Knowing what I know now, I did alright with this one

View attachment 127392

Aritsugu?

PXL_20210517_013413295.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210517_013422709.jpg
    PXL_20210517_013422709.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20210517_013441052.jpg
    PXL_20210517_013441052.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 15
OK, one more. It‘s getting late here and it’s Sunday, so forgive me if I toss this in without the usual megalomaniac gobshitery

It’s not too distinctive, but I suspect many of you will have one from this maker in your kit. One of my very first J-Knives - 15 years old or so, and still in pretty much original nick, Knowing what I know now, I did alright with this one

View attachment 127392

A MAC?

View attachment 127392

S. Tanaka! Although you did drop a hint about English letters on it. Hmmm... Looks wide bevel to me, though.

S. Tanaka! Although you did drop a hint about English letters on it. Hmmm... Looks wide bevel to me, though.

These are decent guesses, but clearly of the hit and hope variety. In the sake of closure and decency I now feel obliged to reduce the size of the haystack that you are needle-hunting in.

But yep, it’s often considered an entry level blade, The kind of maker that features on the ‘first J knife/most underrated smith’ types lists on here quite frequently. More trad than production line...

These are decent guesses, but clearly of the hit and hope variety. In the sake of closure and decency I now feel obliged to reduce the size of the haystack that you are needle-hunting in.

But yep, it’s often considered an entry level blade, The kind of maker that features on the ‘first J knife/most underrated smith’ types lists on here quite frequently. More trad than production line...
Y Kato

View attachment 127392
Anryu

Do you have to be so tough on me? 1/4 point maybe?!

Tough? I think I’ve been surprisingly nice since the spirit of Hans Gruber left me. And frankly , whilst we’re at it, your last guess was rubbish and getting colder, so absolutely no 1/4 points for you. Was Yoshimi even making knives back then?

You‘re getting quite needy, for an egg, it has to be said

:mad:

Back