• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Halcyon Forge 270mm Damascus Twist gyuto, western style handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling this stunning beauty. 270mm Halcyon Forge custom damascus twist. One of the few 270mm knives Joe has ever made, I believe (I know of only one person who has a 270!). Beautiful, perfect grind IMO. This one has an upgraded handle from Joe with exhibition grade compression Koa and mammoth ivory shaped in a western style.

Specs are:
  • 15n/1095 damascus twist, which results in this amazing almost topo like map effect
  • 241 grams
  • Heel at 57mm
  • Blade at 269mm
  • OAL at 410mm
  • Balance point on the "H' in the makers mark
Photos below, which don't do this knife justice. $1,700 OBO, no trades please on this one. First photos from Joe. Second photos of current condition, with a really nice patina building (though obviously can be removed if desired). Unsharpened, just used and touched up on strop and Suita.
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image32.jpeg
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg
IMG_2336.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a weirdo, the blade profile on this knife is totally beautiful. Add in that fuller/S-grind, damascus pattern, compression koa, handle shape, and this is probably the coolest knife by his that I've seen. GLWS

I love how the damascus pattern and the figure of the koa flow into each other

One thing to add: would consider partial trades/trades plus/minus for any of the following, in very good or better condition:
- Old-school wide bevel Konosuke Fujiyama 210
- Konosuke cleaver
- Tsukasa Hinoura nakiri 165 or 180
- Ashi Honyaki
- Kiyoshi Kato damascus 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back