• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Hitohira x Tanaka x Kyuzo Petty 165

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhroovpatel

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a Tanaka x Kyuzo petty, specifically with the yakusugi cedar handle and black horn collar. Used or new, doesn't matter to me! Someone here posted one yesterday, and I missed out on it and I'm terribly upset, as I've been looking for this knife for a while. Also, if anyone has a Tanaka x Kyuzo or Tanaka x Yohei 210 or any other 210 knife with the yakusugi handle and black collar, I'm interested in those too! Though, less priority than the petty. Located in Canada. Kind regards, and happy new years to all!

There’s a Tanaka kyuzo KU 240 on BST with that handle… except it’s got a blonde ferrule… and I was the one who listed the petty that sold. DEFINITELY get it. The only reason I let it go was I need money for a move. I’ll buy another one without question.
YOU!! I just saw the 240... I would consider purchasing but I just bought the 240 Migaki extra height K-tip so I was looking for a 210. I'm trying to keep OCD at bay so I'm strictly looking for the black ferrule... that's why I'm so sad I missed out 😭 Have the nakiri and k-tip, once I find a petty and 210 I will never buy another knife again!

YOU!! I just saw the 240... I would consider purchasing but I just bought the 240 Migaki extra height K-tip so I was looking for a 210. I'm trying to keep OCD at bay so I'm strictly looking for the black ferrule... that's why I'm so sad I missed out 😭 Have the nakiri and k-tip, once I find a petty and 210 I will never buy another knife again!
Lucky you! That extra height k tip was nearly mine! I just could t justify spending more than new for it…. That’s honestly the knife I want the most right now. I held one this past year at carbon knife co and wanted to start a new credit card just to take it home with me…. Y Tanaka’s work just speaks to me for whatever reason.

Lucky you! That extra height k tip was nearly mine! I just could t justify spending more than new for it…. That’s honestly the knife I want the most right now. I held one this past year at carbon knife co and wanted to start a new credit card just to take it home with me…. Y Tanaka’s work just speaks to me for whatever reason.
Yeah, I was eyeing that one for a few months and decided to finalize pull the trigger. I agree, these knives speak me over any other type of knife. Beautiful Japanese aesthetic, modern finesse, amazing materials (as a woodworker I usually admire hardwoods but these knives have flipped that completely) and generally fantastic blacksmithing. What more could you ask for?

Yeah, I was eyeing that one for a few months and decided to finalize pull the trigger. I agree, these knives speak me over any other type of knife. Beautiful Japanese aesthetic, modern finesse, amazing materials (as a woodworker I usually admire hardwoods but these knives have flipped that completely) and generally fantastic blacksmithing. What more could you ask for?
Exactly. And the beveled k tip combined with a bit more flat of a profile is particularly attractive to me.

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a Tanaka x Kyuzo petty, specifically with the yakusugi cedar handle and black horn collar. Used or new, doesn't matter to me! Someone here posted one yesterday, and I missed out on it and I'm terribly upset, as I've been looking for this knife for a while. Also, if anyone has a Tanaka x Kyuzo or Tanaka x Yohei 210 or any other 210 knife with the yakusugi handle and black collar, I'm interested in those too! Though, less priority than the petty. Located in Canada. Kind regards, and happy new years to all!
Chef knives to go have a Yoshikazu Tanaka petty ..!! It made buy the same sharpener but his real name ..! Just go under Yoshikazu Tanaka..!! Blue 1

1672698701516.png

Damn... would cop in a heartbeat if it had the yakusugi handle... trying to keep my collection neat and concise
Tsuyoshi Yauchi, Kyuzo is him ..!! If you go onto chef knives to go ..!! Heck buy the handle you want for it ..! The knife is 199 $$ only hell for that price you can buy a handle you want ..!

The knife he wants has a taller heel as well. The Tanaka kyuzo are 165x40mm, so even if the petty you shared is the same sharpener, it’s still quite a different knife. Here is a picture of the one I just sold for reference. Very different knife overall

Attachments

• 112D2072-24ED-4BF8-8AEC-E39A3C40199A.jpeg
    112D2072-24ED-4BF8-8AEC-E39A3C40199A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The knife he wants has a taller heel as well. The Tanaka kyuzo are 165x40mm, so even if the petty you shared is the same sharpener, it’s still quite a different knife. Here is a picture of the one I just sold for reference. Very different knife overall
Wow so it’s a really small Gyuto awesomeness for the line and fast action..!! I need one too ..! Lol 😂 I’m a petty guy all day long ..! That’s the only thing I use for service..!!
Thank you 🙏 for all the information..!
I think 🤔 pro tools ..! Has kyuzo extra height available..!! I seen them yesterday..!!

Ahhh you're torturing me! I'll pay you $100 on top of your listed price if you consider selling it to me 😉

Latest posts

Back