- Nov 24, 2020
- Reaction score
- Tech Town by the Sea
Gillette and Schick sharpen miles of blades every day. What are their techniques and what can we learn from them? I would think that their goals are to reach the target sharpness as quickly as possible and while consuming the least amount of abrasives. A few of my questions:
- Do they raise a burr? How big?
- How do they deburr?
- I wouldn't expect them to have a human visually inspecting for a burr, or visually inspecting to confirm it was removed. What do they do?
- In the sharpening process, how much material do they take off the edge, i.e., how much is the blade shortened?
- What is their stone or grit progression?
- Do they strop? With what material and compound?