How Even is an EvenHeat? How to Operate Furnaces Effectively

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larrin

Reaction score
Thank you. Great article.
Was this in response to a recent Facebook comment?

Thank you. Great article.
Was this in response to a recent Facebook comment?
I'm not sure which comment you're referring to, but these measurements were taken several months ago and I finally got around to writing it up.

I'm not sure which comment you're referring to, but these measurements were taken several months ago and I finally got around to writing it up.

Thank you, it’s a great write up that gives me more confidence in my oven, even if it’s not a evenheat.

Great article. Thanks very much.

I have an Evenheat with the wrap around elements. Definitely found stuff near the back heated more quickly. Tried several things and ended up using a sliced up kiln brick to create a shadow from direct radiated heat. Not sure its a 100% solution but it def evened the heat pardon the pun.

Last edited:
I love how someone commented (in the blog) that the article was too hard to understand. I mean, it was one of your easier posts to digest... 🤣

Somewhat counterintuitively, at low temperature the steel reaches the target temperature more slowly than at high temperature

Just quickly, why would this be the case? If there's a complicated answer, can you point me in the right direction to read up on it?
If I had to guess, perhaps the heat conductivity increases with temperature...

I love how someone commented (in the blog) that the article was too hard to understand. I mean, it was one of your easier posts to digest... 🤣
Can't make everyone happy. ;)

Just quickly, why would this be the case? If there's a complicated answer, can you point me in the right direction to read up on it?
If I had to guess, perhaps the heat conductivity increases with temperature...
I don't know the physics of heating well enough to answer that question without giving you false information.

Thanks for the great read. That answered some questions I didn’t know I had😆

Back