How many Straight Razor users do we have here?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here is an updated pic of my stuff. I will get better pics when i have better natural light and a few extra minutes.
P1040176.jpg

Left to right: J.A.Hellberg, Horstator Solingen, Erik Anton Berg, Lewis, Harner and a Hart Steel prototype.

That Harner is incredible! What, no Zowada? :D

i really got to get off my but and make me a new house razor to test the XHP

nice set of razors mike BTW

Where are you guys storing your razors in between uses? I am thinking about a custom mag rack behind my bathroom door, but I am a little concerned about the moisture in a bathroom getting to them.

Moisture is a problem in some areas. I keep mine right outside the bathroom... I was ousted by all the girly stuff... My current bathroom has poor ventalation so I'm ok with my shave stuff being outside the room.

The far right one is from Tim.got a couple of the others from Magnus.

i say dont put them in the bathroom. i store my razors in the boxes and some others in a wooden issard 7day box. im having a local leather worker making me a custom 14pocket razor bag/roll this month :)

Shaving for me consists of cleaning up my neck, etc, but I do enjoy using my straight when I have the time. So far, I've been able to keep my collecting bias at bay & I only have this one blade.

Shave.jpg

honing with some tunes :)
[video=youtube;N7pvPAiHVHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7pvPAiHVHc&feature=share&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA[/video]

From the top: Pearl King, CV Heljestrand No. 24, EDV Neistrom No. 62, Dovo, Heartring 151, Seagrove to London Bowl, silver vintage bowl and a Omega brush (working on my own silver tip badger brush)
razorset_zpsae26139f.jpg

Enjoy lol a shave video i made.
[video=youtube;czxmgoz8hFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czxmgoz8hFc&list=UUW8eMt9iy0-4JakPtj_oOaA&index=1[/video]

From the top: Pearl King, CV Heljestrand No. 24, EDV Neistrom No. 62, Dovo, Heartring 151, Seagrove to London Bowl, silver vintage bowl and a Omega brush (working on my own silver tip badger brush)

Here is one I did...
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Nice video, Magnus. Next time, it needs more Mila Kunis, but I digress.

Pierre, that brush turned out great! Once it blooms, it's going to put lots of brushes to shame.

LASTLY, nice looking addiction...er, collection you have started there, Matt. Remind me I want to send you a badger brush in the next week or so.

Here it is. i had this made with my local sadelmaker. im so happy with the result. 14 pockets / 2 week rotatation

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03279.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

Impressive all of it Mr. Magnus.Well because of this thread I went fr. Costco throwaways & gillette canned shave gel to a Merkur DE,mug & soap.Been using it 2 months now.I enjoy shaving more now,it takes longer.I change sides halfway through the shave for even blade wear.Got the recom. variety blade pac. fr. all diff. countries,still have plenty blades to try.So far I like the Astra blade made in Russia.

It's not much compared to you straight razor guys,but it is a deff. improvement over what I was using.Do any of you folks use an aftershave?

Back